Make rank a separate mode

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bayonetta 3
  3. Make rank a separate mode

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
9 months ago#1
There should be a normal mode and then a separate rank mode. Nothing would differ between these modes except the latter would feature your trophy and score after each verse.

I enjoy the game but I hate how this game constantly shoves its ranking system in your face.

Never played Bayo 2, but I can do amazing things with the shotguns in Bayo 1 and get an average score whereas I can do stupid and repetitive stuff with the gunchuks and get a PP. So stupid.

Just make them separate modes.

User Info: Setnaro X

Setnaro X
9 months ago#2
No. Absolutely not. The idea behind the ranking system is to encourage players to get better and learn from their mistakes. If you have it disabled, what would be the point in enabling it or moving over to rank mode?

If you're doing these amazing tricks with the shotguns but still getting a low score, you either repeated the same move over and over and got diminished returns, or you were getting hit, or you simply took too long.
Just call me Set.

WhyWontHeFall
9 months ago#3
Wrong.

User Info: Setnaro X

Setnaro X
9 months ago#4
Yeah, I'm in the wrong here even though I can Pure Plat Bayonetta with any weapon set.
Just call me Set.

User Info: Pffrbt

Pffrbt
9 months ago#5
This is a bad and dumb idea.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
9 months ago#6
Better idea: Remove the Easy and Auto modes. Bring action games back to where they made players actually play. Casuals who play Bayo 1 or 2 on Very Easy and then shelve it, or even worse go out and give their opinions on the game, shouldn't exist. Normal mode is for normal people, if you're not normal get a new hobby.

User Info: Pffrbt

Pffrbt
9 months ago#7
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Better idea: Remove the Easy and Auto modes. Bring action games back to where they made players actually play. Casuals who play Bayo 1 or 2 on Very Easy and then shelve it, or even worse go out and give their opinions on the game, shouldn't exist. Normal mode is for normal people, if you're not normal get a new hobby.

Making the game accessible for more people is not a bad thing.

WhyWontHeFall
9 months ago#8
Some people don't bother to read anything and then so quick to fire an opinion.

I said SEPARATE not remove.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
9 months ago#9
Why though? It doesn't affect the game. It entices people to want to do better.

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
9 months ago#10
I'm curious about this TC, why do rankings bother you so much specifically? I always see this line of thinking come out every now and again for any game that ranks you when you play it so what I wanna know is. What exactly bothers you so much about it and why does it annoy you? I always figured that rankings are so inconsequential to casual play that you could just ignore it and nothing would change, honestly I wonder why so many people seem to have so much of a problem with a letter grade that isn't even put there to really demotivate but instead motivate the player to do better but I've seen so many people just straight up say they hate ranking systems and only one person really gave me a good answer as to why.

This isn't so much as an attack on you TC, i'm just legitimately curious so I can understand where your coming from with this.
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135
  1. Boards
  2. Bayonetta 3
  3. Make rank a separate mode

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived