• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Tira move confusion
Btruax385 1 month ago#1
Just picked the game up recently for dirt cheap and I'm trying to learn some of the new characters (haven't played a soul calibur game since 2). Going through Tira's movelist and I see 2 attacks with the exact same input. Relaxed reaver and hardcore assassination both say b,b,b while jolly and soul charged but HA says personality change. Is it random to trigger or is there something I'm missing?
Amesang 1 month ago#2
They're both attacks that involve the new "Reversal Edge" mechanic — B (Vertical Attack) + G (Guard).

While in Jolly mood, landing the B attack gets you Relaxed Reaver (Tira glomps her opponent), whilst in Gloomy mood, landing the B attack gets you Hardcore Assassination (Tira grabs her opponent and just beats them over the head with her ring). So, it all depends on what mood she's in when landing the attack.

I don't see any additional properties whilst Soul Charged, nor can I appear to active a Reversal Edge with BBB.

EDIT: I missed this, but Relaxed Reaver has the note, "Shifts to attack throw upon hit/Absorbs opponent's health/Increases soul gauge" while Hardcore Assassination has the note, "Shifts to attack throw upon hit." I don't see anything about either attack causing a personality change (like 4K — Bremen Fortissimo).

EDIT ½: Oops. Okay, so there's two variations of each attack — a Soul Charged version and a Reversal Edge version. =Þ The %&@#?! So, yeah, it's the same attack, there's just a chance it'll cause a personality change mid-attack.

Also, Polonaise Spin under "8-Way Run Moves" still has a Portuguese description… at least on Xbox One. XÞ
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Tira move confusion
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A