• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. So is Seong Mina the cheapest character in the game?

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 month ago#31
Ivy. Jesus she's so braindead to use.
Cancer free 47 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
1 month ago#32
I think Mina is a little cheap but she's not quite as cheap as Ivy.

That said, they're both beatable.

Also, those of you calling Nightmare cheap are exposing yourselves as scrubs
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
1 month ago#33
WhitePointer posted...
Edgemaster70000 posted...
She has unreactable spammable lows,

Her 1B is frame 22. Most of her horizontal lows are frame 24 or slower. If you can't react to something in more than a third of a second then, yeah I dunno. Maybe you can blame lag. Maybe not.

Frame 22 is unreactable for basically everyone because it's not just identifying the move that's being used. It's also inputting the counter play action.

Now, frame 26, that's reactable (tough, but doable) offline. Online may be a different story though.
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
1 month ago#34
Edgemaster70000 posted...
But other characters in this game (with the exceptions of like 3) can't do all of that nonsense from nearly as far away as Mina can.

Kilik, Ivy, Nightmare, Siegfried, Zasalamel, Astaroth all have comparable range or even better range than Mina.

Regardless, I said it before and I'll say it again...Mina operates optimally at a specific range due to her tipper mechanic. Learn that range. Different moves have different ranges on them but you absolutely can know what moves she's most likely to use when she's at a specific range. A lot of it is reactable and even if it's not, it's avoidable if you keep moving. Get this idea out of your head that moves do things that they don't, like 1B having good tracking (it really doesn't) or her faster horizontal mids having long range (they really don't) or a lot of her kit being plus on block (it's really not).

Get in her face and pressure her up close because she struggles when you get in. Stop just pressing buttons and watch what she's doing. Listen to her audio cues.

There's a reason Mina doesn't make many appearances at top level anymore and even players that did play her a bit for specific matchups like Party Wolf have now mostly dropped her.

User Info: VioIetSystems-

VioIetSystems-
1 month ago#35
Gunpowdrpenguin posted...
What a scrub. Claims a super good player then makes a thousand excuses. Get better dude. You clearly aren't as good as you think you are.

those 10 people who apparently sought the *~mentorship~* of this crybaby scrub from the xbox must've sucked still lmfao
Yun for SC6 pls

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 month ago#36
Solioxrz362 posted...
I think Mina is a little cheap but she's not quite as cheap as Ivy.

That said, they're both beatable.

Also, those of you calling Nightmare cheap are exposing yourselves as scrubs

A good Ivy is goddamn INSANE.
Cancer free 47 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. So is Seong Mina the cheapest character in the game?
  • Topic Archived