• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. My first online session with the new patch...

User Info: Leo__87

Leo__87
1 month ago#1
I found:

- Two guys with over 20k+ points (I'm a beginner)
- One guy around my level. Every round he won he taunted me, even did it sometime during the match. He took it barely on the final round, and didn't gave rematch.
- Another guy barely above my level. He lost first, won the rematch, and he rage quitted when I connected my CE to kill in the third match.
- What seemed to be a lag switcher, he used RE often, and when it landed he switched ridiculous amounts of lag... really weird.
- Some guys around my level, whom I had some nice and square fights.

I really hate when casuals fly away. Not because the best players remain... those are fine, but actually also the crappy players do remain... geez!
Psn ID: Leo_piojoso87
- I'm an ocassional engrish writer XD-

User Info: dualswordtrunks

dualswordtrunks
1 month ago#2
I feel like unless the game is tekken or street fighter it happens a lot where the people who have a budding interest in the game leave not too long after the game comes out and some players that you see with lower ranked are high level players trying out new people I dont mind it too much because I would rather fight someone better to learn how to beat them then to fight a new player who only relies on a handful of tricks they learned in training

on a side note I am not a fan of rage quitters mostly because its a waste of my time that I could be using on an opponent who wont rage quit on me
The official Super Mega Ultra Kami Guru of the Xenoverse Board

Leo__87
1 month ago#3
Yeah, fighting better players is actually good. Specially in this game, as if you lose you actually don't lose points at all, the game does not compute the loss anywhere...is basically a free lesson against a better dude. Even if you win, you get his/her points

But the toxic players, regardless of level is what irks me. It would be better if more casuals are around, just to have more fun fighting people around my level... but oh well xD

User Info: -_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-
1 month ago#4
I really hate fighting laggy players. Miserable experience regardless of the outcome.
Your words are as empty as your future.

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
1 month ago#5
Leo__87 posted...
But the toxic players, regardless of level is what irks me. It would be better if more casuals are around, just to have more fun fighting people around my level... but oh well xD

Its weird. I played SC4 on 360. You want to talk about toxic, man that community was toxic. Tons of taunting, tbagging, disconnecting, lag abusing players, and general annoyances everywhere. A player who didn't do any of these things were a rarity.

I feel the PS4 actually has a lot nicer players overall. In my experience, I haven't come across many disconnects (though I get booted by hosts in player matches often for some reason). Teabaggers and taunters are also a lot lower on the PS4. Its rare for me. So its strange to me that you are having such an awful experience.

I say that, but I tried getting back into this game these past few days and I have run across a few laggy teabaggers before and after this patch. It also took me forever to finally fight someone on player match among me getting booted or the connections dropping. And of course the first person I finally get is a horrendously laggy 2B. :(
"No man should fight any war but his own."

User Info: Sexycopper

Sexycopper
1 month ago#6
Netcode felt much much better, I went 15 or so matches with little to no lag at all.
I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider, remember that!- Kamen Rider Decade
Psn Tag: Kyosuke_NEO FC: 5043-4066-8024

User Info: krichton

krichton
1 month ago#7
Netcode felt better.

Spacing is all kinds of f***ed up. Tons of moves have the spacing adjusted on block to give tiny new advantages. Feels weird.

I feel very sluggish when getting off the ground now.

Leo__87
1 month ago#8
sbn4 posted...
Leo__87 posted...

Its weird. I played SC4 on 360. You want to talk about toxic, man that community was toxic. Tons of taunting, tbagging, disconnecting, lag abusing players, and general annoyances everywhere. A player who didn't do any of these things were a rarity.

I feel the PS4 actually has a lot nicer players overall. In my experience, I haven't come across many disconnects (though I get booted by hosts in player matches often for some reason). Teabaggers and taunters are also a lot lower on the PS4. Its rare for me. So its strange to me that you are having such an awful experience.

I say that, but I tried getting back into this game these past few days and I have run across a few laggy teabaggers before and after this patch. It also took me forever to finally fight someone on player match among me getting booted or the connections dropping. And of course the first person I finally get is a horrendously laggy 2B. :(

This is my first ever SC online, I really never have guessed that the game would attract this kind of players. Even during beta and early days, I had a wonderful experience. But now that the pool of players is starting to dry up, those a-holes remain.

Still is not the game's fault. There are nice guys, I faced some yesterday. The netcode, as some guys pointed, is very good. The game is still very fun to play, so I'll keep at it. But man... that was raw, lol
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. My first online session with the new patch...
  • Topic Archived