• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. I ruined the game for myself

User Info: FullmetalGundam

FullmetalGundam
1 month ago#1
I was pretty good here with Siegfried but i stopped playing a while ago and picked-up a copy of kof xiv instead.

So I was rocking some combo challenges and decided to play some sc, but it felt so sluggish.

Kof is a pretty fast based fighting game and i think i adjusted myself to that speed but lost all "synergy" i had with siegfried.

Is this a thing?
- 20 ways to see the world, 20 reasons to start a fight - The Strokes

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
1 month ago#2
Yes it is

you switched from a flashy fighter to a more ''realistic'' fighter. i felt similar after playing DB FighterZ
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Theif. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#3
After playing the magnificence of an SNK fighter, everything else just doesn't measure up. It's a common problem.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

FullmetalGundam
1 month ago#4
Zeon posted...
Yes it is

you switched from a flashy fighter to a more ''realistic'' fighter. i felt similar after playing DB FighterZ

Will i ever adjust back to Soul calibur?

Because it really is frustrating.

FullmetalGundam
1 month ago#5
LordRattergun posted...
After playing the magnificence of an SNK fighter, everything else just doesn't measure up. It's a common problem.

Yeah, it's a great game, I'm loving those flashy combos, specials and cool characters but it looks like a ps3 game tbh.

User Info: dualswordtrunks

dualswordtrunks
1 month ago#6
FullmetalGundam posted...
Zeon posted...
Yes it is

Yeah you should be able to get back to it just takes playing both games in moderation because changing if you like both enough you should be able to put time away to play both enough to stay competent enough at it I had similar issues when playing Tekken 7 and Street Fighter 5 where one game has side stepping and a focus on juggling and the other focuses more on footsies and stuff like that
The official Super Mega Ultra Kami Guru of the Xenoverse Board

FullmetalGundam
1 month ago#7
dualswordtrunks posted...
Zeon posted...
Yes it is

Yeah you should be able to get back to it just takes playing both games in moderation because changing if you like both enough you should be able to put time away to play both enough to stay competent enough at it I had similar issues when playing Tekken 7 and Street Fighter 5 where one game has side stepping and a focus on juggling and the other focuses more on footsies and stuff like that

I sure hope so, thanks.

But it's difficult playing 2 (or more) fighting games, for me especially because i rely on muscle memory a lot.
I also have a habit of holding x while playing sc for the guard and when i tried the doa6 demo i kept throwing like an idiot.

User Info: dualswordtrunks

dualswordtrunks
1 month ago#8
dualswordtrunks posted...
Zeon posted...
Yes it is

I sure hope so, thanks.

But it's difficult playing 2 (or more) fighting games, for me especially because i rely on muscle memory a lot.
I also have a habit of holding x while playing sc for the guard and when i tried the doa6 demo i kept throwing like an idiot.

if it becomes too much of an issue you can just start mapping keys to make the games feel more similar IE in DOA make the guard button X instead of Square
The official Super Mega Ultra Kami Guru of the Xenoverse Board

FullmetalGundam
1 month ago#9
I know i know, it's just a hassle and I don't have the brain capacity to remember the move lists and combos from 3 different games.

And the doa6 demo was okay, it didn't blow me away or anything so i might as well wait for doa6 Ultimate till i drop scvi entirely.

User Info: RGM-79_GM_Pilot

RGM-79_GM_Pilot
1 month ago#10
Yeah, I get that feeling when I switch between different fighting games too.
This hand of mines glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me defeat you Zeons! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my GMs! GM FINGEEEERRRR!!
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. I ruined the game for myself
  • Topic Archived