• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Is this game really as dead as people say it is online?

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
1 month ago#31
I find games within a minute most of the time on PS4. Sometimes it gets a little longer, but honestly I think that's just my internet messing up.

Every now then, I'll get paired up against the same person twice in a row, but this usually only happens around midnight.

The game's online is far from dead. It's definitely slowed down from launch and it's not booming or anything, but calling it dead is actually stupid.
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: FrankFontaine1

FrankFontaine1
1 month ago#32
I'm on PS4 and haven't had issues.

User Info: Leo__87

Leo__87
1 month ago#33
I was playing ranked last night, played for an hour or so. Was getting matches in seconds, less than a minute for sure.
Always look for "any connection" had no lag in any match I played, just one guy RQted after he won first set rather well (tea bag and all) and then I won five rounds straight.
Other than that, everything is just fine.
Psn ID: Leo_piojoso87
- I'm an ocassional engrish writer XD-

User Info: Osumnis

Osumnis
1 month ago#34
So is PC version not worth if I want to play online? I wanna get this game but I also don't wanna fork over money for PS Plus
The GameFAQs update ruined the look of signatures.

User Info: MysticVolcano

MysticVolcano
1 month ago#35
Osumnis posted...
So is PC version not worth if I want to play online? I wanna get this game but I also don't wanna fork over money for PS Plus

I play both, it's a lot less active on PC. but still has players enough to always find someone, and yes i agree, that's why i usually get free trials when i want to play online on console. as PS+ is a complete waste of money for me otherwise. Just keep making new accounts.
2018 websites (mostly journal websites): "Please disable adblock so that we may install viruses on your computer, while getting paied" How about, no

User Info: gilgaRe

gilgaRe
1 month ago#36
Edgemaster70000 posted...
You literally can't even get in a casual lobby during primetime hours on xbox. I tried for an hour and a half while I played something on my phone. Nobody joined my lobby and I couldn't find a single one.

It really amazes me that this late into the generation with PS4 being the console with the highest user base by far that people even bother playing online games on Xbox.

User Info: YoungThugger

YoungThugger
1 month ago#37
It’s not dead-dead..but it sure as hell isn’t active. It’s kinda just scraping by right now.
Poseidon once banged a girl so hard that she requested that he transform her into a man so that she would not have to experience such a ravaging again.

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900
1 month ago#38
I was playing at 10AM ET this morning and getting matches just fine (PS4).
https://i.imgtc.com/gAYiHKN.jpg https://imgtc.com/i/exNRJBF.png
Come to the (un)official GameFAQs Touhou board. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1110-

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
1 month ago#39
Umm no, whoever told you that must be a troll >_> xbox and ps4
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

User Info: SWBF2Pilot

SWBF2Pilot
1 month ago#40
Vulcan422 posted...
Let me put it this way.

About a few weeks ago I decided to get back on this game. PS4 version. I wanted to check and see if the matchmaking was fixed since I don't give a s*** about lobbies in this game due to how scrubby the community is, as I learned the hard way in SC5.

It took me 5 minutes to find matches in Ranked, and I only managed to get 3 people. One was a custom character degenerate, another was a beginner Geralt, and the last was a 20,000+ LP Nightmare who thrashed me. After that, I got no more matches.

I'd say that's pretty dead to me. Going by that, I'm worried about how the PC version is doing. I can't learn the game properly if the skill of my opponents is too inconsistent.

In the Asia region, I was finding matches pretty much nonstop at all hours on the Steam version as of a week ago. (Haven't played in a bit for work/travel reasons.) Idk about NA though.

I'm not sure how many fighting games people have played online, but 500 concurrent players is actually well above average for games not named Street Fighter or Tekken. (Or DBFZ, in the modern age.)
"Stop eating tea, Pigeon" - TastyPancakez 2015
Official General of the Fire Emblem: Awakening Boards
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Is this game really as dead as people say it is online?
  • Topic Archived