• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Is this game really as dead as people say it is online?

User Info: maoriwarrior

maoriwarrior
2 months ago#1
Topic.

People have said there’s like 500 or less online 😭
PSN: NihilismKills

User Info: Sexycopper

Sexycopper
2 months ago#2
No, at least not on PS4 despite what some people who'll swoop in will claim.
I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider, remember that!- Kamen Rider Decade
Psn Tag: Kyosuke_NEO FC: 5043-4066-8024

User Info: maoriwarrior

maoriwarrior
2 months ago#3
Sexycopper posted...
No, at least not on PS4 despite what some people who'll swoop in will claim.

How many are there?
PSN: NihilismKills

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
2 months ago#4
You literally can't even get in a casual lobby during primetime hours on xbox. I tried for an hour and a half while I played something on my phone. Nobody joined my lobby and I couldn't find a single one.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

User Info: Burchyplus

Burchyplus
2 months ago#5
To be fair I haven't played in about 2 weeks but when I did it was ranked and it took a good couple of minutes to match me up. Even then I had 2 things would often happen which are good signs the game isn't doing great. Matching me up against people I've played before or matching me up against people with much, much higher rp than myself, even when using my highest rp character.
Why loot boxes are the worst thing in gaming:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/207946-star-wars-battlefront-ii/76036841/891196567

User Info: FoxAlive

FoxAlive
2 months ago#6
Edgemaster70000 posted...
You literally can't even get in a casual lobby during primetime hours on xbox. I tried for an hour and a half while I played something on my phone. Nobody joined my lobby and I couldn't find a single one.

Your on the wrong platform

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#7
Let me put it this way.

About a few weeks ago I decided to get back on this game. PS4 version. I wanted to check and see if the matchmaking was fixed since I don't give a s*** about lobbies in this game due to how scrubby the community is, as I learned the hard way in SC5.

It took me 5 minutes to find matches in Ranked, and I only managed to get 3 people. One was a custom character degenerate, another was a beginner Geralt, and the last was a 20,000+ LP Nightmare who thrashed me. After that, I got no more matches.

I'd say that's pretty dead to me. Going by that, I'm worried about how the PC version is doing. I can't learn the game properly if the skill of my opponents is too inconsistent.
Smash is not a fighting game.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Falke | MK11: Jade, Sub-Zero | T7: Dragunov, Julia, Negan | SC6: Cervantes, Raphael, Amy

User Info: Stephen707

Stephen707
2 months ago#8
Vulcan422 posted...
Let me put it this way.

About a few weeks ago I decided to get back on this game. PS4 version. I wanted to check and see if the matchmaking was fixed since I don't give a s*** about lobbies in this game due to how scrubby the community is, as I learned the hard way in SC5.

It took me 5 minutes to find matches in Ranked, and I only managed to get 3 people. One was a custom character degenerate, another was a beginner Geralt, and the last was a 20,000+ LP Nightmare who thrashed me. After that, I got no more matches.

I'd say that's pretty dead to me. Going by that, I'm worried about how the PC version is doing. I can't learn the game properly if the skill of my opponents is too inconsistent.

The PC version is dead Vulcan. I bought this game at launch and have been grinding training mode with Raphael. Not to play people online, but to play people I know. This game was never going to have an active online playerbase like SF or Tekken. Unfortunately. This games fate was sealed when they decided to allow custom characters in ranked.
CFN: CrazyDiamond707

User Info: Leo__87

Leo__87
2 months ago#9
I was playing ranked last night, found matches in a minute or so. Played many sets with different players.

For the record I look for "any connection" and "same region". I live in Latam, and can play from people from USA without issues.
Psn ID: Leo_piojoso87
- I'm an ocassional engrish writer XD-

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
2 months ago#10
No lol, I find plenty of matches just fine on the PS4. I climbed to D3, learning as I go so far and still advancing.

People who say the game is dead literally deter new players :/
No victim no crime.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Is this game really as dead as people say it is online?
  • Topic Archived