• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The director of this game was the character designer of Soulcalibur IV

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
3 months ago#31
xOmniCloudx posted...
SCV Ivy was the best default design Ivy ever had.

If they had managed to make it match her official art, maybe.

As it turned out in-game, it looks dull and desaturated.

SCV Mitsurugi has the same exact problem. His outfit in the artwork is the best look he's had, but the in-game portrayal is a dull grey uninteresting blob.
FC: 2380-3090-3964, IGN: Ronia/RWB
Garbodor, Seviper, Muk.

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
3 months ago#32
Kaz13 posted...
So no wonder all the females look like they were designed as if this was classic DOA and the males look ridiculously overdesigned. SCII was the apex for the most part. Some characters like Raph, Kilik, and Mi-Na had better designs in subsequent games but at least their outfits made more sense.

Most characters peaked in SC3, costume-wise.

I don't praise SC3 too often, but music and costumes was something they nailed.
FC: 2380-3090-3964, IGN: Ronia/RWB
Garbodor, Seviper, Muk.

User Info: Pirate Wez

Pirate Wez
2 months ago#33
palpatine_roxx posted...
Yes, it certainly explains why the women dress so f***ING trashy, and why they all conform to traditional beauty standards, which a female warrior honestly SHOULDN'T. Waifish "waifus" using giant swords is TOTALLY f***ing unrealistic.

You sen Volvo?

Look, in fantasy games be more concerned about the practicality of humanoid lizard or that a dragon can exist and fly/breathe fire before commenting on human outfits lol. A bad ass enough warrior woman can wear whatever she wants in the character designer’s vision.
My Concept Art: www.artofwez.com
PSN: W-E-Z XBL: PGP WEZ

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
2 months ago#34
These characters have never looked realistic. Like, since f***ing Soul Blade/Edge.

hell, we even got bulls*** like "a god gives Sophitia the power to wield a sword" to explain why she's scrawny and yet can swing a strong sword.
Cancer free 46 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#35
That explains why the game looks so good while being balance like garbage.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: masterman97

masterman97
2 months ago#36
The director has been with Project Soul for a long time eh? Then why does this game feel like a newbie helmed it? This game is f***ing amateur hour!
I finally found my keys! I looked all over my house but they were actually right here on the counter! Silly me!

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
2 months ago#37
Good to know. I'm impressed.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: Fusion99

Fusion99
2 months ago#38
Darkking4 posted...
Praise Yoshinori Takahashi.
He is a fellow man of culture.
Glad to see someone still make very attractive character designs and continue to piss off the ugly butthurt sjws and feminists unlike the developers of DOA and Mortal Kombat who are actually kowtowing to these scumbags.

DOA6 actually have some sexy designs still. Not as many as doa5, but there are still some there. It’s nowhere near as toned down as mk11.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The director of this game was the character designer of Soulcalibur IV
  • Topic Archived