• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The director of this game was the character designer of Soulcalibur IV

User Info: Sovereign_One

Sovereign_One
3 months ago#1
While Motohiro Okubo is the public face and driving force of Soulcalibur VI, he's the producer. The director of the game is Yoshinori Takahashi, who has been with Project Soul for a long time. I just learned that he was the character designer of Soulcalibur IV, which means that costume design was his idea back then...

... and it explains a lot ;)

So basically, if you're wondering why Soulcalibur VI rivals or surpasses Soulcalibur IV when it comes to sexy fanservice, that's probably a big part. The guy who helped design the SCIV characters is now director and a major player alongside Okubo. That, and SC built a major fanbase on its sex appeal and they're not dumb enough to get rid of fanservice because of some blogger complaining about it (looking at MK11).

What do you think?

User Info: qperok

qperok
3 months ago#2
That's an interesting piece of information.
I love it!

User Info: palpatine_roxx

palpatine_roxx
3 months ago#3
Yes, it certainly explains why the women dress so f***ING trashy, and why they all conform to traditional beauty standards, which a female warrior honestly SHOULDN'T. Waifish "waifus" using giant swords is TOTALLY f***ing unrealistic.
[Feminist] [Hillary Clinton supporter] [Anti-GamerGate] [Marxist]
If you believe in equality for both men and women, you are a feminist, no exceptions.

User Info: Wondergleam

Wondergleam
3 months ago#4
Very interesting information. Didn’t know about that. Thanks for sharing💫
Sorry, no signatures.

User Info: cyric79

cyric79
3 months ago#5
Ivy looks great in SCVI, but I still prefer her SCIV look. Im happy with both though :)
Currently playing Marvel Heroes (free to play action RPG), Gears of War 3 and Dead or Alive 5

User Info: Gunpowdrpenguin

Gunpowdrpenguin
3 months ago#6
Ah, that explains a lot. That's disappointing.
PSN GunPowderPenguin

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
3 months ago#7
SCV Ivy was the best default design Ivy ever had. Sexy, stylish and classy all in one. It's too one or the other most other times sadly. Ivy's best alternate outfit are between her SC2 red dress and the SCV gold outfit. Though the SCIII and SCIV alternate outfits were pretty good too. Her SCIV default is absolute s***. Basically just wearing string. I'll take her British red coat and George Washington alts over that trash any day.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.

User Info: BillbertGundam

BillbertGundam
3 months ago#8
I must thank him for SCIV Sophitia costume. They should bring it back.
Sophitia confirmed for SCVI!!

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
3 months ago#9
Nice. There's a reason why I enjoyed IV and VI the best. I honestly wouldn't even have bought this game if the fanservice was toned down or removed.

cyric79 posted...
Ivy looks great in SCVI, but I still prefer her SCIV look. Im happy with both though :)

Yeah I agree. Much better than SCV design, which I thought was pretty much crap.

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
3 months ago#10
BillbertGundam posted...
I must thank him for SCIV Sophitia costume. They should bring it back.

Just wearing tags and over sized t*** that don't fit her body. Absolute s***. Her Valkyrie armor is cool tho. Her SCIII costumes are her best.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The director of this game was the character designer of Soulcalibur IV
  • Topic Archived