• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Voice presets in CaS

User Info: DaToskaID

DaToskaID
1 month ago#1
New player here, about to start a Libra of Souls campaign.
Would messing around with the sliders result in a new type of voice instead of distorted versions of them?
I wanna create a character who sounds dead inside but I don't know what voice preset should I use as its base.
#DynamoTurquoise

User Info: Amesang

Amesang
1 month ago#2
I've a female CaS with the "taciturn cynic" voice; not quite "dead inside," more like… been there, done that, and tired of everyone's bulls***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq5JYCFV_ew

EDIT: Now I'm reminded of how I wish the voice type selection would give more than a single line of dialogue, which I think was the case in SCIII and SCIV.
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone

User Info: SanguineCalamus

SanguineCalamus
1 month ago#3
Japanese voices seem easier to adjust in a way to sound different.

My main CaS uses Cold Assassin which sounds brooding in Japanese and not that edgy chain smoker in English for example.
~Q

User Info: reverendmeta

reverendmeta
1 month ago#4
The first slider (speed+pitch) seems to have a medium distortion effect, second slider (pitch) has the largest, and last (tone) seems to have the least.

I usually try to avoid the second slider unless the character is supposed to sound malfested/demonic/etc.

Also, if I do want that, I purposely use a larger range on the second slider and not the malfested one at all, because I had the way it makes hit/hurt vocals sound.

Every time a character gets knocked up high or hit with something powerful it does that cartoony "ouahahahahah" I can't stand.
--| XBL: Reverend M3TA | PSN: M721G660944 | NNID: reverendmeta |--
--| official Waluigi of Super Smash Bros Ultimate |--

User Info: Amesang

Amesang
1 month ago#5
BRB, gonna make David Draiman from Disturbed.
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone

User Info: sirkreuab

sirkreuab
1 month ago#6
Amesang posted...
BRB, gonna make David Draiman from Disturbed.

lol I’ll get up then get down with that
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Voice presets in CaS
  • Topic Archived