You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The real reason behind Soul Calibur 6's early death was the lack of ambition.

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
1 month ago#41
SamuraiSpirit77 posted...
and the new mechanics are infuriating for anyone that isn't a button masher.

I'm a competitive player and they're fine to me, so please speak for yourself.
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: Wondergleam

Wondergleam
4 weeks ago#42
Solioxrz362 posted...
SamuraiSpirit77 posted...
and the new mechanics are infuriating for anyone that isn't a button masher.

I'm a competitive player and they're fine to me, so please speak for yourself.

This.
Sorry, no signatures.

User Info: Fusion99

Fusion99
4 weeks ago#43
LordRattergun posted...
Why should anyone play SC6 when it's more or less the exact same thing as 2, 3 and 4? People played those for years and are done with them. There's no "hook" to 6, it's just a lazy. no effort throwback in a series that consists of almost nothing but throwbacks.

Look at Mortal Kombat. The constant shake ups get people talking, and the unpredictable roster is fun and makes people actually excited for the prospect of their favourite character returning after sitting a game or two out. You don't get that with SC because the cast never really went anywhere. Soul Calibur V was the first and only time since SC1 that the series showed any sign of ambition or progress.

If Soul Calibur 6 was brave enough to venture into unexplored territory and actually stand on it's own two feet, people would still be discussing and playing it today.

Yet people flock to and play cod and madden every year for $60 and those games don’t change much, especially madden. Let’s just face it. Fighting games range from near dead to niche with very few exceptions like mortal kombat.

User Info: theapropos

theapropos
4 weeks ago#44
Try lack of money. If you can find that interview, the producer cant do much if internally they already condemned it

User Info: Lord Sojiro

Lord Sojiro
4 weeks ago#45
"Dead game" is the equivalent of "I'm dissatisfied" on this board.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Saying SCVI is dead is hyperbolic at best. SCVI is much more popular than SCV was at this time after it's release. There have been plenty of tournaments so far with many more to come, including Evo this summer. The casual lobbies have plenty of rooms and Ranked still has plenty of players grinding their way to the top.

Is SCVI less popular than it was 2 or 3 months ago? Of course, mainly because casuals have moved onto the next shiny new release. There are still some casuals playing, these are the ones who are wishing to improve and are pushing themselves. Sadly most of these type of players will end up dropping the game as their further improvement won't be fast enough to be competitive with the hardcore that will become the only ones remaining.

SCVI has successfully revived the series and drastically improved the single player offerings when compared to the last 2 installments. The built-in character guides are well done, but they are all text. I think if in the next installment they can give a more visual learning experience that there will be more casuals who will remain interested in playing after they are done with single player content.
Lord Sojiro posted...
"Dead game" is the equivalent of "I'm dissatisfied" on this board.

I feel like that can be said about a lot of games
The official Super Mega Ultra Kami Guru of the Xenoverse Board

User Info: Cabecote

Cabecote
4 weeks ago#48
theapropos posted...
Try lack of money. If you can find that interview, the producer cant do much if internally they already condemned it

Bandai made bank with Lost Swords. They did the bare minimum, over-inflated what they were selling as content and all the whales went head-first...
Blaming SC6's short-comings on lack of money doesn't seem very accurate. Business-wise, I don't blame them for realizing they can invest as little as possible and still make profit of fans!
That's What The Water Gave Me
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The real reason behind Soul Calibur 6's early death was the lack of ambition.