You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The real reason behind Soul Calibur 6's early death was the lack of ambition.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#1
Why should anyone play SC6 when it's more or less the exact same thing as 2, 3 and 4? People played those for years and are done with them. There's no "hook" to 6, it's just a lazy. no effort throwback in a series that consists of almost nothing but throwbacks.

Look at Mortal Kombat. The constant shake ups get people talking, and the unpredictable roster is fun and makes people actually excited for the prospect of their favourite character returning after sitting a game or two out. You don't get that with SC because the cast never really went anywhere. Soul Calibur V was the first and only time since SC1 that the series showed any sign of ambition or progress.

If Soul Calibur 6 was brave enough to venture into unexplored territory and actually stand on it's own two feet, people would still be discussing and playing it today.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Wondergleam

Wondergleam
1 month ago#2
I think the way developers handled the Season pass and it’s future DLC contents is the real reason behind its death.

They can still revive it by acting like real game developers and start marketing, announcing or hinting its future content and interact with their fans. Rather than just releasing the game and forget about it.
Sorry, no signatures.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
1 month ago#3
No. Their lack of communication, low budget, and lack of advertising is what causes it to die early on. SC5 was definitely ambitious, but the problem with it was that they replaced most favorites with a bunch of kids that people hated.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: NeclordX

NeclordX
1 month ago#4
The only reason SC6 failed is because it never really was that big of a franchise. And I'm into it since since soul Edge, but no matter what other fans of the game seem to think, this was never Tekken or SF, not even in its prime. It was a second tier fighting franchise (when it comes to popularity of course, not judging the games itself).

His fate was dissapear like many others Darkstalkers, Bloody Roar or Rival Schools. If the franchise survived this long is because Project Soul and the director kept it alive.

And for that I'm grateful, but good will is not enough, if they wanted to revive it they should have gone further, lot further. Is not that I don't understand that the Budget and time was limited, but there was way too many design choices I don't understand.

SC6 died because they thought just releasing it was enough to save it, and it wasn't. They took the right path but gave up half way.

User Info: Spiritsaiyan101

Spiritsaiyan101
1 month ago#5
People taking a Rattergun topic seriously
PSN/XBL: Spiritsaiyan101
Dokkan ID: 2816489404 (Global)

User Info: richy90

richy90
1 month ago#6
Wondergleam posted...
I think the way developers handled the Season pass and it’s future DLC contents is the real reason behind its death.

This. Plus serious connectivity issues in some platforms that they took way too long to fix.

User Info: LordlyLord

LordlyLord
1 month ago#7
Spiritsaiyan101 posted...

Thing is, in all those years, this is the first time I agree with his trolling
PSN: TheLordlyLord
"Gfaqs, classiest people on this side of the internet since 1995."

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
1 month ago#8
LordlyLord posted...

Same. He's not someone I would take seriously, but for once he actually makes sense.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: Spiritsaiyan101

Spiritsaiyan101
1 month ago#9
Choppa675 posted...
LordlyLord posted...

Same. He's not someone I would take seriously, but for once he actually makes sense.

He's using SC5 as a benchmark for how the series should have went. Even if you liked SC5, that game was objectively a failure.
PSN/XBL: Spiritsaiyan101
Dokkan ID: 2816489404 (Global)

User Info: ImMrMojoRisin

ImMrMojoRisin
1 month ago#10
False premise, as this game is nowhere near dead. We are finding new stuff all the time in the modding discord.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqixDt69FzG5iHhmqQK7wOQ
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The real reason behind Soul Calibur 6's early death was the lack of ambition.