You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The saddest truth is that Would Win

User Info: Dualton

Dualton
1 week ago#1
SoulCalibur wouls win the Fighting Game Award if tira was in the base game

Dualton
1 week ago#2
*would

User Info: JudgeMaster

JudgeMaster
1 week ago#3
ok

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
1 week ago#4
No it wouldn't. Look, I love Soul, but it's competition was only everyone's childhood anime.
SCVI: Currently Learning: Mi-Na, Groh
PS4 is gene0129

Dualton
1 week ago#5
SoulCalibur deserved that award more than that smash button dragon ball game, that dlc polemic was the problem that kill the chances of the game win

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 week ago#6
It's MY game of the year, and that's all that really matters to me.

Sure, it could have been even better with a couple more characters, more stages, more CaS gear, etc. Still, I'm enjoying what we got.

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
1 week ago#7
gene0129 posted...
No it wouldn't. Look, I love Soul, but it's competition was only everyone's childhood anime.

Correction:

Seven Deadly Sins
DBZFighter
Tekken 7 Season Pass 2/Fated Retribution Round 2
Soul Calibur VI
Cross Battle
Omen of Sorrow
My Hero One
Black Clover

Any other fighting games i'm leaving out that came out this year?
Xbox360 handle: Skitz Gaea. PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: 0tus

0tus
1 week ago#8
NaclynE posted...
gene0129 posted...

Correction:

Seven Deadly Sins
DBZFighter
Tekken 7 Season Pass 2/Fated Retribution Round 2
Soul Calibur VI
Cross Battle
Omen of Sorrow
My Hero One
Black Clover

Any other fighting games i'm leaving out that came out this year?

Tekken 7 doesn't count since it would go to the ongoing game category.

When you look at this the only real competition is DBZF and SCVI and out of those DBZ wins with the brand alone if it's handled even slightly decently, which it was.
Ihme elukka

User Info: Ryu2968

Ryu2968
1 week ago#9
EX Fighting Layer came out this year, seems people don't realize that game exists. That aside even if Dragon Ball Fighter Z wasn't on the list &/or Tira was in base roster it'd lose to Blazblue Cross Tag because of RWBY's popularity rivaling DBZ.
https://i.imgtc.com/TxsoPgD.png
"RWBY isn't popular" - Random idiots

User Info: 0tus

0tus
1 week ago#10
Ryu2968 posted...
EX Fighting Layer came out this year, seems people don't realize that game exists. That aside even if Dragon Ball Fighter Z wasn't on the list &/or Tira was in base roster it'd lose to Blazblue Cross Tag because of RWBY's popularity rivaling DBZ.

RWBY isn't anywhere close as popular as DBZ. DBZ is a global phenomenon that is known and popular all around the world, the popularity goes beyond Anime. I lived In spain for a year in the 90s and there were DBZ themed everything being sold. The show is still relaly popular after all these years. I doubt there are RWBY lunch boxes being sold all around Europe.
Ihme elukka
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. The saddest truth is that Would Win