You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Fighter of the year goes to DBZ.

User Info: ShariganItachi

ShariganItachi
1 week ago#1
I also think DBZ, deserved it. It impressed with its opening title into the series. I like this SC just wish it had been better at launch. So much missing CAS parts, missing styles from the games there rebooting just hurt its sales. Hopefully the DLC can add all that back, but it should have been there from the start with the DLC being the icing on the cake. Not the rest of the cake.
One day Dosu Kinuta WILL be in a fighting game, and i'm not changing my sig till then 2/12/06.

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
1 week ago#2
It's Dragon Ball...not surprised tbh.
SCVI: Currently Learning: Mi-Na, Groh
PS4 is gene0129

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
1 week ago#3
Weebs got it voted in.
The Rock 2020

User Info: Hunk_of_Meat

Hunk_of_Meat
1 week ago#4
No Okubo appearance either. Awww well. Smash got Joker, thats pretty exciting. Now I'm off to bed cause I have to wake up in five hours fml.

User Info: Bestia_Somnia

Bestia_Somnia
1 week ago#5
Not suprising tbh. DBFZ's first itteration had more polish and effort put into it than SC's 6th main entry. With the state that this game is currently in, bug-wise, it doesn't deserve any award.

User Info: Dark Blade 13

Dark Blade 13
1 week ago#6
DBFZ deserve it. The game got everything what fans wanted from presentation to fun gameplay.
JUS FC: 2921-4559-2925 DS Name: moosequito
(>")>==============)

User Info: waltzz92

waltzz92
1 week ago#7
Agreed, Dragon Ball FighterZ deserved the award. Libra of Souls made this my favorite SoulCalibur game, but it has no excuse for the missing CaS parts. Especially since the feature is such a core part of the series. Incomplete armor sets pissed off a lot of people, and rightly so.
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)
waltzz92 posted...
Agreed, Dragon Ball FighterZ deserved the award. Libra of Souls made this my favorite SoulCalibur game, but it has no excuse for the missing CaS parts. Especially since the feature is such a core part of the series. Incomplete armor sets pissed off a lot of people, and rightly so.

Yeah, let's just completely ignore the gameplay of SC6 and only talk about the CaS parts and LoS mode when discussing the merits of its quality as a fighting game. Brilliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKH-1Qbc-2Y
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Ryu2968

Ryu2968
1 week ago#10
DontDieNintendo posted...
waltzz92 posted...

Yeah, let's just completely ignore the gameplay of SC6 and only talk about the CaS parts and LoS mode when discussing the merits of its quality as a fighting game. Brilliant.

SoulCalibur did poorly in sales everywhere, massive lack of content, two garbage visual novel story modes with one just having the weapon master modes map from SC3 to select a fight instead, is severely unbalanced and riddled with so many game breaking glitches day one despite having a Network beta days/weeks before release, so if you were excited and expecting the game that's on the verge of being vaulted by Namco to be Best FOTY you only have yourself to blame for having high expectations.
https://i.imgtc.com/TxsoPgD.png
"RWBY isn't popular" - Random idiots
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Fighter of the year goes to DBZ.