• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Next patch could see see Buffs/Nerfs handed out!

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
1 week ago#31
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Musourenka posted...
I am hesistant about buffs and nerfs this early on.

The biggest balance patch SCV ever got was around this amount of time from launch.

And look how that turned out.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: Bestia_Somnia

Bestia_Somnia
1 week ago#32
Musourenka posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Musourenka posted...
I am hesistant about buffs and nerfs this early on.

The biggest balance patch SCV ever got was around this amount of time from launch.

And look how that turned out.

As opposed to how it was at launch? Miles better.

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
1 week ago#33
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Then we will agree to disagree.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: Bestia_Somnia

Bestia_Somnia
1 week ago#34
Musourenka posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Then we will agree to disagree.

Viola was always broken in every version. Many more characters became viable after the patch. I don't think there's anything to debate. Launch period was some of the worst balance in series

User Info: St_Lucifero

St_Lucifero
1 week ago#35
_Data_Drain_ posted...
I just hope they don't for some reason nerf Groh.... Or, any character who doesn't need it. I just hope they're careful with who they nerf, and HOW they nerf them....

They need to nerf moves of EVERY character actually.

They messed so much that they should remember moves balancing philosophy of old chapters.
I struggle to find a single character that doens t have something that wouldn't be considered dirty overpowered in old SC.

At least for the first time they taught me something.
That the theory of buffs instead of nerfs is totally wrong. (OP moves leads to gameplay being random rather than skill based...it simply lowers how skill determine the outcome in favor of rock/paper/scissors mechanics).

User Info: FullmetalGundam

FullmetalGundam
1 week ago#36
I hope they remove those cutscenes every time Ivy does a throw, it's annoying and ruins the rhythm of the game.
- 20 ways to see the world, 20 reasons to start a fight - The Strokes

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
1 week ago#37
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Groh is overpowered as hell though. Insane damage, insane speed, insane soul charged teleport moves, almost no weakness. Anyone can just mash with him and do tons of damage. Meanwhile characters like Astaroth/Tira completely suck.

I won't debate Astaroth and Tira being underwhelming, but Groh ain't the guy to nerf.

His damage is good but not really "insane" (let's reserve that for Nightmare, Ivy's combos, etc) unless he's in SC. Then his damage is pretty high, but his soul charge moves aren't busted. With a trained eye, you can react to 1A,K or SoD A and crouch for both. Everything else can be blocked standing. A lot of players have even gotten really really good at reacting to the initial teleport and hard punishing it with CE.

His speed is aight but there's plenty of moves that leave him guaranteed punishable if you block. These are moves that he likes to throw out often to get into Avenger stance.

When you say anyone can mash with him and get tons of damage, I don't think you're on the right track with that one.

I somewhat hope they slightly nerf 1A,K's and 3B,B's damage, but otherwise he's pretty well balanced.
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#38
UltimaXOmega posted...
I'm expecting Seong Mi-na to be ruined because of people that can't sidestep.

She has long range horizontals too. A good Mina is constantly backing up, using vertical pokes, then clipping you with the horizontal one when you try to strafe around the pokes to try to get in.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: _Data_Drain_

_Data_Drain_
1 week ago#39
Solioxrz362 posted...
somewhat hope they slightly nerf 1A,K's and 3B,B's damage, but otherwise he's pretty well balanced.

Okay, those nerfs I'd be alright with. Not crippling, but notable.
3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581 FFBE ID: 529,516,516
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain My SMM Levels.

User Info: Dark Blade 13

Dark Blade 13
1 week ago#40
UltimaXOmega posted...
I'm expecting Seong Mi-na to be ruined because of people that can't sidestep. Ivy and Nightmare will probably stay the same.

You know that she has a insane long range horizontal attack you can easily land a lethal hit with than follow up with 1,B
JUS FC: 2921-4559-2925 DS Name: moosequito
(>")>==============)
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Next patch could see see Buffs/Nerfs handed out!
  • Topic Archived