• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. I'll admit it the blur looks awful

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
1 week ago#1
Removed it, it looks so much better. Really clean and actually easier on the eyes too.

*no pics gotta use imagination*

I'll try to post pics later though.
Feel free to post your own!

Man, this game looks so good!

Now if GFE could stop screwing up...
J-Pop

User Info: Lutecius

Lutecius
1 week ago#2
Can't believe someone thought the blur was a good idea or that they wouldn't let players disable it on console. It's one of those awful choices that make this game visually weaker than its PS3 predecessor.

unknown_VS
1 week ago#3
Lutecius posted...
Can't believe someone thought the blur was a good idea or that they wouldn't let players disable it on console. It's one of those awful choices that make this game visually weaker than its PS3 predecessor.

Right... I really liked it on PS3 tbh, it kind of was more varied? Like it would get sharper while the camera was zooming?

In SCVI it's just everything that's blurred and way too much.

The funny thing is the backgrounds look actually good without the blur, not even overly jaggy or something, it's just an really odd choice...
J-Pop

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#4
Lutecius posted...

Same with Tekken and it's grainy quality.
Cancer free 46 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS

User Info: 0tus

0tus
1 week ago#5
I have the option to remove it and I don't. I usually disable most blur effects but this time I actually kept it so the background doesn't distract me.
Ihme elukka

User Info: Enricogaruda83

Enricogaruda83
1 week ago#6
0tus posted...
I have the option to remove it and I don't. I usually disable most blur effects but this time I actually kept it so the background doesn't distract me.

Distracting by what exatly?

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#7
Enricogaruda83 posted...
0tus posted...

Hold your finger in front of your face and focus your sight on it. You'll notice everything in the distance blurs a bit. The blurred backgrounds in the game emulate that effect. It makes it easier to focus on the combatants, which is useful when you need to be able to see and react to things very quickly.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

unknown_VS
1 week ago#8
Rhiethreal posted...
Enricogaruda83 posted...
0tus posted...

Hold your finger in front of your face and focus your sight on it. You'll notice everything in the distance blurs a bit. The blurred backgrounds in the game emulate that effect. It makes it easier to focus on the combatants, which is useful when you need to be able to see and react to things very quickly.

The problem of course, is that the blur is way too heavy and not varied at all, older SC games did that a lot better iirc.

Plus, I thought the same, but it's actually wrong, it's easier to see the characters without the terrible background blur applied on everything.

Bonus : it's still slightly blurred but much more realistic depending on the camera angles and not all the time and not on literally everything!
J-Pop

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
1 week ago#9
There's background blur that can only be disabled on PC? Hmm, another reason not to buy.

User Info: Enricogaruda83

Enricogaruda83
1 week ago#10
Rhiethreal posted...
Enricogaruda83 posted...
0tus posted...

I know

I was sarcastic was a joke on the fact that there's not much going on on the background of the stages this time around to keep you distracted
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. I'll admit it the blur looks awful
  • Topic Archived