• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Nightmare's CE is BROKEN!!!

User Info: vextalyst

vextalyst
1 week ago#1
Is what some people would have you think. While this was originally a response to someone but I decided to make a thread because of the sheer amount of people misinformed about this move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v54oo8W-jMo
As you can see so long as you're not just mashing buttons this CE can be easily avoided even if u hit it once. It can also be outright beaten by lows, guardbreaks, throws, launchers, unblockables and Knockdowns (forgot to show the knockdown but trust me it works) Making it the weakest counter CE as the others will parry anything but guardbreaks and unblockables. And Btw all his other armor moves have these weaknesses so feel free to take it into practice mode and learn to counter before calling something broken.

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
1 week ago#2
This is really helpful, I always fall victim to it.
Soul Calibur newb, Will Accept Lessons
PS4 is gene0129

vextalyst
1 week ago#3
gene0129 posted...
This is really helpful, I always fall victim to it.

Glad to help. I've found that many don't know the weakness of Nightmare's armor moves and unfortunately get swept up in the wave of misinformation and salt coming from others and decide he's broken. But he's more than manageable once u know how he works.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#4
Why are you continuing to fully charge it after the hit instead of immediately releasing it?

How does this (using it raw) address the complaints of Nightmare using it like a counter if you are waiting for him to start it before attacking?
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
1 week ago#5
What idiot is going to keep holding R2 long enough for their opponent to get 1 hit then sidestep?

User Info: St_Lucifero

St_Lucifero
1 week ago#6
Pretty sure NM CE can IMPACT throws since it happened to me Yesterday.

Also i am quite tired of people defending it spreading a huge amount of misinformation due to the fact they use a character that doesn t require any game basics.

The charging have already been exposed.
But we can go on.
-This game took away most hit confirms that means that even most BB and AA needs an early input (aka the fast pokes)

-Many moves are multi HIT

-The logic that is normal to give up frame advantage to step (12 frames) is just nonsense.

-as you might see in tournaments and most videos it connects more than any non GI CE outside combos and its indeed a panic button.

-Since forever SC required some reading often HARD reading for aGI to works in order to not be abusable…

For a moves that takes away HALF BAR in most situations on a character that doesn t even need to use BAR for anything else….

Just write whatever you want there is no way that after seeing how it works it won't be changed.

vextalyst
1 week ago#7
Rhiethreal posted...
Why are you continuing to fully charge it after the hit instead of immediately releasing it?

How does this (using it raw) address the complaints of Nightmare using it like a counter if you are waiting for him to start it before attacking?

The point is to show this can be handled on reaction as long as you're not mashing buttons. It's even easier to interrupt it if you're using meatys so long as you're taking the weaknesses into account. If anyone just mashes buttons to keep the pressure on without taking his armor into account getting hit by this is 100% their fault
TheMKDestroyer posted...
What idiot is going to keep holding R2 long enough for their opponent to get 1 hit then sidestep?

It's only unblockable fully charged and doesn't parry on the first hit so letting it go early is a risk as it can be blocked and punished.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#8
vextalyst posted...
Rhiethreal posted...

The point is to show this can be handled on reaction as long as you're not mashing buttons. It's even easier to interrupt it if you're using meatys so long as you're taking the weaknesses into account. If anyone just mashes buttons to keep the pressure on without taking his armor into account getting hit by this is 100% their fault
TheMKDestroyer posted...

It's only unblockable fully charged and doesn't parry on the first hit so letting it go early is a risk as it can be blocked and punished.

Literally no one is complaining about not being able to react to it if a Nightmare tosses it out raw then is stupid enough to try to fully charge it no matter what.

People are complaining about tossing out an attack, NM using his super like a counter, and immediately releasing it after armoring through the hit. If they aren't standing right in your face and holding block, you don't need it to be unblockable.

Example:
Skip to 2:59
https://youtu.be/vUhRjrOhP6M?t=179
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

vextalyst
1 week ago#9
St_Lucifero posted...

Also i am quite tired of people defending it spreading a huge amount of misinformation due to the fact they use a character that doesn t require any game basics.

But we can go on.
-This game took away most hit confirms that means that even most BB and AA needs an early input (aka the fast pokes)

-The logic that is normal to give up frame advantage to step (12 frames) is just nonsense.

-as you might see in tournaments and most videos it connects more than any non GI CE outside combos and its indeed a panic button.

-Since forever SC required some reading often HARD reading for aGI to works in order to not be abusable…

For a moves that takes away HALF BAR in most situations on a character that doesn t even need to use BAR for anything else….

Just write whatever you want there is no way that after seeing how it works it won't be changed.

1)there's video evidence of him being thrown out of it in the FIRST post.
2)as I said before if you're mashing any input be it AA BB or a multihit move without taking his armor into consideration getting hit by the move is YOUR FAULT.
3) Yes it IS a panic button. A BAD panic button. The reward is huge but against someone who knows what they're doing so is the risk. It is objectively the WORST counter CE since the rest start with GI. Hell even RE is a better panic button since it doesn't outright lose to lows grabs launchers and knockdowns.

User Info: Itachi_Sasuke13

Itachi_Sasuke13
1 week ago#10
St_Lucifero posted...

But we can go on.

Typical NM cry baby. It does half health damage fully charged. Dont complain if youre clueless.
"Fall to Confusion" ~ Itachi
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Nightmare's CE is BROKEN!!!
  • Topic Archived