• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Who are the top 3 braindead characters in your opinion?

User Info: Therese

Therese
1 week ago#1
1. Nightmare
2. Seong Mina
3. Siegfried
1/25/2019

User Info: KungGuld

KungGuld
1 week ago#2
Ivy is flowcharty with too high damage.

Any one character with 50% LH combos are braindead. Especially if they've got easy LHs to trigger.

Hell, Mina does 50% off a regular counter without walls or soul charge.

Either remove air control jail from a lot of moves or raise the scaling across the board.

Therese
1 week ago#3
Yeah I'd place Ivy in top 4 or 5.
1/25/2019

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
1 week ago#4
I dunno how you define "braindead" but I don't think any character is braindead in this game. If you mean "high chance of winning if you just press buttons" then some characters like Nightmare can come across that way at low level play but it becomes irrelevant as skill levels increase. While it's true some characters like Yoshimitsu, Voldo and Maxi are much harder to pick up and learn than some others, that doesn't mean that any of the others are "braindead".

In short, no character is "braindead". This thread just seems salty because you lost to someone spamming a move or two over and over.

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
1 week ago#5
I'm a maxi main but I have to say he's certainly one of them. The other two would probably be nightmare/siegfried and mitsurugi

User Info: VezTheNoob

VezTheNoob
1 week ago#6
Any character can be a braindead damage machine if you figure out the setups.

Therese
1 week ago#7
WhitePointer posted...
I dunno how you define "braindead" but I don't think any character is braindead in this game. If you mean "high chance of winning if you just press buttons" then some characters like Nightmare can come across that way at low level play but it becomes irrelevant as skill levels increase. While it's true some characters like Yoshimitsu, Voldo and Maxi are much harder to pick up and learn than some others, that doesn't mean that any of the others are "braindead".

In short, no character is "braindead". This thread just seems salty because you lost to someone spamming a move or two over and over.

Considering I use some of those I've listed it's actually your post that looks salty.

richboy900 posted...
I'm a maxi main but I have to say he's certainly one of them. The other two would probably be nightmare/siegfried and mitsurugi

Forgot about him lol. Not my main but I use him too and think the same. I haven't fought any Maxis recently for some reason.
1/25/2019

User Info: EmblemLord

EmblemLord
1 week ago#8
As silly as Ivy is, she is not braindead.

Just that her stuff leads to natural oki and vortexes. But nothing is free.

Her LH system actually makes sense and she does not need to hit a bunch of silly conditions to trigger them.

More characters need basic LH triggers, like triggers on counter hit or triggers on missed attack. Not so many "only triggers on run counter walking backwards" and garbage like that.
The journey begins anew

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
1 week ago#9
Therese posted...
Considering I use some of those I've listed it's actually your post that looks salty.

Why would I be salty lol that doesn't make any sense. I'm not the one that made a thread complaining about characters being "braindead".

User Info: Rhalius

Rhalius
1 week ago#10
Voldo, Lizardman and Tira are all braindead jobbers through the entire series.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Who are the top 3 braindead characters in your opinion?
  • Topic Archived