Poor Siegfried

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Poor Siegfried

User Info: capturinggod200

capturinggod200
4 months ago#1
Siegfried: Never again will I bend to anyone else's will.

Soulcalibur 6 announced as reboot to franchise.

Siegfried:Son of a ****h! Really Namco! lol

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
4 months ago#2
Hey he brought this s*** on himself. If it takes you 5 entries to stop being an emo monster man then you deserve a reboot in the ass.

User Info: LazorGuns

LazorGuns
4 months ago#3
More like poor Patroklos.

"I'm the new hero Soulcalibur!"

Audience: "You suck!"

Project Soul: "Reboot!"

Patroklos: "NO!!!" *fades from existence*

But good riddance, though.

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
4 months ago#4
Lost7th posted...
Hey he brought this s*** on himself. If it takes you 5 entries to stop being an emo monster man then you deserve a reboot in the ass.

More like 3 games
In soul edge and calibur 1 he was a prick.
In 2 he was completely mental (thanks soul edge)
In 3 and 4 he was pretty melancholic
and 5 is when he kinda(?) stopped moping around.

But whatever... It's a reboot so hopefully we get SCII Nightmare again. I'm pretty f***ing excited for that
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: GuyKopski

GuyKopski
4 months ago#5
That line was meant to be ironic anyway.

He thought he was free, but he'd actually just become Soulcalibur's b**** instead of Soul Edge's.

User Info: Master_Faust

Master_Faust
4 months ago#6
Lost7th posted...
If it takes you 5 entries to stop being an emo monster man then you deserve a reboot

I hope that you DO realize that Siegfried was "an emo monster" the MOST in first Soul Calibur and SC II? He finally grew a pair and partially got over the "daddy issues" only by the time SC III hit. By rebooting/going back in time with this, they're LITERALLY returning him to the "whiny monster emo" state he was in first Soul Calibur.
I play these anytime and at any place: "Guitar Freaks" series, "Silent Hill" series, "The King of Fighters" series, X series, DDR.

User Info: capturinggod200

capturinggod200
4 months ago#7
GuyKopski posted...
That line was meant to be ironic anyway.

He thought he was free, but he'd actually just become Soulcalibur's b**** instead of Soul Edge's.

He overcomes Soulcalibur's influence to defeat Nightmare in Soulcalibur 5 its in the intro. Siegfried's eyes glow blue, Siegfried and Nightmare clash a couple of times they are evenly matched practically destroying both swords. As they come to the final clash Siegfried snaps out of it and lands the final blow on Nightmare.
(message deleted)

User Info: Hash062

Hash062
4 months ago#9
Siegfried was amazing as a character in SC3. He was such a badass when possessed by Soul Edge that the sword kept using his style without him. That tells a lot. And he went after the sword using his own strength, without anything else. But then he became another sword's pawn and was ruined... Yeah, a reboot fits him all right. I hope he is his own character like in SC1.

User Info: Master_Faust

Master_Faust
4 months ago#10
Hash062 posted...
sword kept using his style without him

...you...really never actually played Soul Calibur III even for once, huh? Siegfried's own original fighting style and Ethereal Nightmare's sword wielding differ DRASTICALLY. Ethereal Nightmare is NOT "possessed Siegfried" anymore, but it's own being, since Soul Calibur III. And it fights differently than Siegfried ever did. There are SOME moves that look similar due to Ethereal Nightmare's Soul Edge still being a zweihander kind of a sword, but in overall the technique changed completely from that of Siegfried's before he separated from Soul Edge and even before he picked it up at all (in Soul Edge times). The drastic change in the way how Ethereal Nightmare fights, also turned many old Siegfried fans (including me) off from Nightmare.
I hope he is his own character like in first Soul Calibur

...it looks like you really didn't play Soul Edge franchise at all, just "watching" it on YouTube and talking out of your ass about things you don't know jack of.
Just a reminder: first Soul Calibur only had Nightmare (possessed Siegfried). There technically was no "clean" Siegfried in first Soul Calibur, as by that time period in the story Soul Edge was fully dominating over Siegfried's mind and body (Nightmare was in his "prime" in first Soul Calibur, as to say). There IS a "Siegfried" costume in first Soul Calibur, but it's JUST THAT and nothing else - a costume. Story and play-wise this is still a Nightmare. Same with Soul Calibur II (as it's a dream-match, not a canon story entry). Only and ONLY by the time Soul Calibur III happened, which is a direct continuation of first Soul Calibur (not SC II, as SC II is a noncanon dream-match), Siegfried finally regained himself and was separated from Soul Edge, which created Ethereal Nightmare in the process (as Soul Edge was controlling Siegfried for SO LONG that it downright "got used to Siegfried", "fell in love with him" of sorts).
I play these anytime and at any place: "Guitar Freaks" series, "Silent Hill" series, "The King of Fighters" series, X series, DDR.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Poor Siegfried

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived