Should they bring back manga artist characters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Should they bring back manga artist characters?

User Info: Mikehedgecat

Mikehedgecat
5 months ago#1
Manga artist character designs - Results (79 votes)
Yes
54.43% (43 votes)
No
45.57% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I liked the idea back in SCIV, even if they did just use other characters fighting styles.

Not necessarily Scheherazade, Angol Fear, Shura, Ashlotte and Kamikirimusi. It would be cool to see new character designs from different artists.

If they did use artists from different manga, which ones should they use?

Kentaro Miura and Kohei Horikoshi have my vote :)

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
5 months ago#2
I liked Shura and Kamikirimusi.
There ain't nothing to get, you just gotta have that shine

User Info: Beastofprey0079

Beastofprey0079
5 months ago#3
It's pointless if the bonus character's moveset is an exact copy of the main characters'

User Info: PlayableRidley

PlayableRidley
5 months ago#4
I'd liked Ashlotte. Wouldn't mind if she became an actual character.

Didn't care much for the others though.

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
5 months ago#5
Why not just do what Tekken 7 did and have guest artists design outfits for characters? SCV did this with Mari Shimazaki (the Bayonetta artist) which had her designing some outfits for it (the 1P costume for Leixia and the 2P costumes for Ivy and Tira).
Then again, Lucky Chloe was actually designed by Kozaki Yusuke, so there's that.

User Info: TwilightOrochi

TwilightOrochi
5 months ago#6
Vergeben posted...
Why not just do what Tekken 7 did and have guest artists design outfits for characters? SCV did this with Mari Shimazaki (the Bayonetta artist) which had her designing some outfits for it (the 1P costume for Leixia and the 2P costumes for Ivy and Tira).
Then again, Lucky Chloe was actually designed by Kozaki Yusuke, so there's that.

So that's why 2p Ivy and Tira reminded me of Bayonetta. The more you know.
And I like the idea for some 2p outfits to be designed by manga artists.
I'd love to see a Hirohiko Araki (Jojo's Bizzare Adventure), Kentaro Miura (Berserk), Shinobu Ohtaka (Magi) or Junji Ito (Uzumaki) 2p costume and see what they can come up with.
Sol Badguy for DBFZ

Mikehedgecat
5 months ago#7
TwilightOrochi posted...
Vergeben posted...

So that's why 2p Ivy and Tira reminded me of Bayonetta. The more you know.
And I like the idea for some 2p outfits to be designed by manga artists.
I'd love to see a Hirohiko Araki (Jojo's Bizzare Adventure), Kentaro Miura (Berserk), Shinobu Ohtaka (Magi) or Junji Ito (Uzumaki) 2p costume and see what they can come up with.

Oohhh I completely forgot about Araki! :D

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
5 months ago#8
I didn't like it in IV because it wasn't done well. Ashlotte was the only interesting one design wise.

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
5 months ago#9
In 4's it was done very poorly IMO.
Almost felt like a CAS...
But if they improve on em and maybe give them a different fighting style (or at f***ing least tweak the copied fighting style to make it more 'unique'. Like idle stances and some visuals on attacks) then I'd be more than happy to see them coming back.
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

Mikehedgecat
5 months ago#10
Sir_Punsalot posted...
In 4's it was done very poorly IMO.
Almost felt like a CAS...
But if they improve on em and maybe give them a different fighting style (or at f***ing least tweak the copied fighting style to make it more 'unique'. Like idle stances and some visuals on attacks) then I'd be more than happy to see them coming back.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I would like at least some differences.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Should they bring back manga artist characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived