How old are we,the SoulCalibur players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. How old are we,the SoulCalibur players?

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
2 months ago#51
Master_Faust posted...
Sir_Punsalot posted...
Age is just a number

Not on a fighting game board/thread/forum/site/tournament/championship. Very young (usually that's denoted by number lower than 25) fighters tend to be ridiculed inside the fighting circle, simply due to not being old enough as to accumulate enough real experience and knowledge on the genre and all that surrounds it. Worldwide fighting commune is obviously not as downright toxic as MOBA circles, but pretty elitist nonetheless, especially when it comes down to discussing tourney disciplines that are currently "actual" and "relevant". SC is one of those.

I’m well aware.
Thankfully the people where I’m from aren’t that elitist, but I honestly don’t care what people think (unless it’s their opinion on gameplay stuff).
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: Zen_Hydra

Zen_Hydra
2 months ago#52
In my day...fighting games were about positioning and timing...not all this button-mashy air-juggling nonsense. Modern fighters will never touch the magnificence of Karate Champ and Yie Ar Kung-Fu. You can keep your Marvel X Blaz Gears. Get off my lawn.

User Info: Crevens

Crevens
2 months ago#53
27 first game was Soul Blade.

User Info: Cornelius

Cornelius
2 months ago#54
28. First game was SC2 on the Gamecube. Was the game that sparked my interest in fighting games as a whole.

User Info: El Marsh

El Marsh
2 months ago#55
Master_Faust posted...
Sir_Punsalot posted...
Age is just a number

Not on a fighting game board/thread/forum/site/tournament/championship. Very young (usually that's denoted by number lower than 25) fighters tend to be ridiculed inside the fighting circle, simply due to not being old enough as to accumulate enough real experience and knowledge on the genre and all that surrounds it. Worldwide fighting commune is obviously not as downright toxic as MOBA circles, but pretty elitist nonetheless, especially when it comes down to discussing tourney disciplines that are currently "actual" and "relevant". SC is one of those.

That's pretty ridiculous.

It's a game. That's all it is.

No need to be exclusive because somebody was born in a later year.
http://i.imgur.com/0APl48O.gifv

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
2 months ago#56
El Marsh posted...
Master_Faust posted...
Sir_Punsalot posted...
Age is just a number

That's pretty ridiculous.

It's a game. That's all it is.

No need to be exclusive because somebody was born in a later year.

The FGC community is full of elitists mind you, especially ones that are as dated as Soul Calibur, Tekken, SF and MK.
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: aton_ra

aton_ra
2 months ago#57
"Oh, spicy flower. Full of zest and love of life. Dangerous temptress." ~Zeku

User Info: UltimateSol

UltimateSol
2 months ago#58
so many kids here..
XBL: Koenigsegx / PSN: ultimatesolx / KI: Cinder, I2: Raiden&Batman, DOA5LR: Helena, MvCI: Cpt. Marvel & Thanos, GGXrdRev2: Zato Tekken 7: Dragunov

User Info: krazyshot1

krazyshot1
2 months ago#59
Blanka Balls for days!

User Info: Osumnis

Osumnis
2 months ago#60
I feel pretty young here having recently turned 20. I didn't realize most people here were so... old
The GameFAQs update ruined the look of signatures.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. How old are we,the SoulCalibur players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived