What characters do you want story mode to focus on?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. What characters do you want story mode to focus on?

User Info: Lost7th

Lost7th
4 months ago#11
Taki, Soph, Sig and Mitsu are the big front runners. Though ideally everyone will get their own little edge master book.

User Info: UberSchnitzel

UberSchnitzel
4 months ago#12
I always thought Kilik, Xianghua and Maxi seemed like a good base for the sort of fantasy story I'd like to see in SC. There are elements of romance, friendship, and their paths could feasibly cross with a LOT of other characters.

User Info: unikat

unikat
4 months ago#13
bnmp posted...
However, how many hours do people spend in story vs how much time do people spend in other modes?

That's because story modes are s*** usually, give me proper story mode and I'll replay it a lot, I've done so with all characters in SCIII and also went afterwards to unlock all routes, and ofc Night Terror, with few characters, and also went on to complete CotS 3 times and maxed out levels on all my characters there.

I've spent time more time on story mode in each of the two MK games and Injustice, then actually playing other modes.

Also... story mode is quite important if you're gonna introduce new characters, I couldn't give less f*** about any of SCV characters, because two that were introduces were horrid, others weren't introduced properly, or at all.
Same goes for new Tekken 7 characters, who have almost no story relevance and only a small "story" to them in story mode, which you forget before you even finish one or two fights which are supposed to be story mode for them.
I've had Tekken installed since 16th of June, after finishing Tekken story, I didn't even bother to finish other character's stories, even tho I've logged in some hours into Ghost Battles with few different characters.
Do you dream?

User Info: Itennu

Itennu
4 months ago#14
ALL OF EM

they need to do something akin to arkham knight, where you have your main story (core), that focuses on the most relevant characters, and then you have the other characters featured in side stories so everyone gets a chance to shine.

soul calibur has a great roster of characters and they could do a lot more to flesh them out. except the newbies from 5, they can just stop existing tbh.
~ i t e n n u ~
~ don't ask, just touch me ~

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
4 months ago#15
Siegfried
I wanna see Siegfried pre-possession.
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: El Marsh

El Marsh
4 months ago#16
I'm indifferent as long as it's done very well.

If I had to choose though, I'll stick to my favorite character Xianghua and her companions Kilik and Maxi. They were kind of a big deal once and I wouldn't mind seeing them have that kind of impact again.
http://i.imgur.com/0APl48O.gifv

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
4 months ago#17
unikat posted...
That's because story modes are s*** usually, give me proper story mode and I'll replay it a lot, I've done so with all characters in SCIII and also went afterwards to unlock all routes, and ofc Night Terror, with few characters, and also went on to complete CotS 3 times and maxed out levels on all my characters there.

I never played SCIII, but it does sound fun.

unikat posted...
I've spent time more time on story mode in each of the two MK games and Injustice, then actually playing other modes.

You really spend most of your game time in story mode? I have no interest in playing MKX story again. Injustice was a fun playthrough, but I may play it once a year, if that. Harley beating Swamp Thing was just dumb.

unikat posted...
Also... story mode is quite important if you're gonna introduce new characters,

This is a good point. A good story can really help establish new characters, and help new players get to know the existing characters, too.

I'm not hating on the story mode - I'm not trying to take away what others enjoy. I'm just saying that, imo, it isn't a top priority, because other things matter more.

As a Sophitia fan, I don't really care if she even shows up in the story in SC6. I care much more that she's back and hope I enjoy the gameplay.

User Info: El Marsh

El Marsh
4 months ago#18
Say what you will about their failings elsewhere with these games, the gameplay in the Tekken and Soulcalibur series' has always been on point so I don't think there's any reason to think that they would neglect that in order to make an improved story mode.
http://i.imgur.com/0APl48O.gifv

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
4 months ago#19
Sir_Punsalot posted...
Siegfried
I wanna see Siegfried pre-possession.

You're out of luck then. This takes place after SE and he got possessed at the end of it.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Voodoo_Voldo

Voodoo_Voldo
4 months ago#20
Have it follow Tira around during her shenanigans. :)
Gladiator's Resolve must live on!
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. What characters do you want story mode to focus on?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived