Hope character creation is back, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Hope character creation is back, but...

User Info: darklust

darklust
2 months ago#31
Character creation needs to be super extensive, far better than any previous version or it will be unappealing and would feel like I'm getting robbed into a half assed game a la tekken 7

Man if I had my way it would have the best customization.

A single player mode like for honor OR LOTR shadow of mordor.

With great vs mode and online stability like blazblue

and a battle lounge like SFV

User Info: Mikehedgecat

Mikehedgecat
2 months ago#32
PHATJER posted...
I want CaS back Especially if they bring back the unique movesets from 3.

:)

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
2 months ago#33
kollie89 posted...
And get rid of clothes breaking, battle damage is fine but I shouldn’t be able to be reduced to my underwiear at the end of a fight

I didn't even know this was a thing in SC, though I haven't played one in awhile. Was there at least an option to disable it?
I am not economically viable.

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
2 months ago#34
If we're talking about CAS these stuff are a must.
-Variety of voices(like a huge variety of them) preferably named (something like voice 1 [yuri lowenthel])
-More in-depth hair customization
-More outfits and make it so that articles of clothing that normally wouldn't work together (clipping issues) look different when equipped together. (Then again I guess this is too much work)
-Most importantly... Make it so that every character's style can be used for CAS. I would've loved making a CAS with Algol's style in SCV (and also IV).
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.
Official hermit of all boards, for I have achieved enlightenment. Thanks Harada.

User Info: SanguineCalamus

SanguineCalamus
2 months ago#35
Also hoping that the underwear for tops and bottoms cab be separate. You'd have to choose between a fancy bra or panties instead of those shorts.
~Q

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
2 months ago#36
PHATJER posted...
I only want CaS back only if they bring back the unique movesets from 3. Sure most of them were incomplete, but JUST COMPLETE THEM damnit.

I really want CaS back but I most certainly don't want unique movesets for them.
Those unique movesets could go to actual characters and thus expand the actual roster- making them CaS only makes it so that if I end up really liking one of these movesets and try to go pro, I can't because there's not default character model for it which means hitboxes and hurtboxes will be questionable.

What I do want is for all included styles in the game to be usable in CaS, even guests. I do suspect the reason why we can't use guest movesets on CaS characters is probably something to do with copyrights and such agreements between the companies.
FC: 2380-3090-3964, IGN: Ronia/RWB
Garbodor, Seviper, Muk.

User Info: SoulKnight03

SoulKnight03
2 months ago#37
Hunk_of_Meat posted...
Beastofprey0079 posted...
Hairstyle customization from Tekken Tag 2 is wonderful and needs to implement to SCVI

THIS~! I remember playing TT2 and being really impressed by the hair customization. Was bummed that I couldn't make my own characters though.

kollie89 posted...
And get rid of clothes breaking, battle damage is fine but I shouldn’t be able to be reduced to my underwiear at the end of a fight

Agreed.

I wouldn't mind if it was more like battle damage. (Dirt scars ect) but the fact that the character's costume gets ruined gets really old fast) Sophie Tia and mitsurugi Soul Calibur 1 outfits are amazing especially Inglorious high definition. So why ruin them?

User Info: SoulKnight03

SoulKnight03
2 months ago#38
darklust posted...
Character creation needs to be super extensive, far better than any previous version or it will be unappealing and would feel like I'm getting robbed into a half assed game a la tekken 7

You are really asking for a lot especially with the character creation the things you were asking for or character creation is what really started to kill the quality of the games. The gameplay modes content story and overall lore all suffered because of it.

I'm not trying to sound like an ***hole but, how long have you been playing the Soul Calibur series? Which one was your first game?

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
2 months ago#39
In terms of clothes breaking, the best suggestion I've seen is having a toggle on each clothing item.

That way, if you want to be stripped down to your underwear, you can. If you don't you can just toggle the different levels of clothes that can be destroyed- maybe just your outer armor can be destroyed.

I'd have at least some level of armor destruction be visible if armor destruction ends up having any actual game effect like lowered defense.
FC: 2380-3090-3964, IGN: Ronia/RWB
Garbodor, Seviper, Muk.

User Info: darklust

darklust
2 months ago#40
SoulKnight03 posted...
darklust posted...

You are really asking for a lot especially with the character creation the things you were asking for or character creation is what really started to kill the quality of the games. The gameplay modes content story and overall lore all suffered because of it.

I'm not trying to sound like an ***hole but, how long have you been playing the Soul Calibur series? Which one was your first game?

Since soul blade...

Character creation and custom movesets have always been the selling point for me...

Sc3 and 4 I enjoyed the most
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur VI
  3. Hope character creation is back, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived