• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: Home Media
  3. An American Tail: Fievel goes west was so disappointing.

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
2 years ago#1
The first was soooooo good, shame the sequel was so bad.
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 years ago#2
The game on SNES was better.
http://i.imgur.com/w5gwxot.jpg

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
2 years ago#3
I liked the Tiger/Miss Kitty interplay.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Kungfu_Hero

Kungfu_Hero
2 years ago#4
Channel Awesome is disappointing.
Favorites: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear Xrd, Mega Man X, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Bayonetta, Splatoon 2, Dragon Quest IX, Fire Emblem (GBA)

User Info: evil_cricket

evil_cricket
2 years ago#5
As a kid, I remember liking Fievel Goes West more than the first. Haven't seen either in a long time, though.
"It's good to be the king."

User Info: TommyG663513

TommyG663513
2 years ago#6
evil_cricket posted...
As a kid, I remember liking Fievel Goes West more than the first. Haven't seen either in a long time, though.

This. I saw Fievel goes West first then the first movie a year or two later. Didn't like the first movie nearly as much. I was pretty young when I saw them so IDK. Probably wouldn't quite view them the same if I saw them today.
just tell them all your base doesn't belong to us because we were getting stoned...they'll understand-Ken156

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
2 years ago#7
TommyG663513 posted...
evil_cricket posted...

This. I saw Fievel goes West first then the first movie a year or two later. Didn't like the first movie nearly as much. I was pretty young when I saw them so IDK. Probably wouldn't quite view them the same if I saw them today.

Same.
http://i.imgur.com/aFt7pKH.jpg

User Info: Balmung347

Balmung347
2 years ago#8
I remember seeing Fievel Goes West as a little kid and loving it. I didn't actually realize it was a sequel until years later when they played the original on the Cartoon Network.

Looking back, I get why I should like the original better, i.e. more poignant, better plot, more animation done with cells vs computers, Don Bluth directing, etc. And it's maybe not even fair to compare them since the original is a drama and the sequel is a comedy. But I dunno, I just can't deny how much a love the saloon song, or the slingshot showdown, or just everything about Cat R. Waul. Plus, it was Jimmy Stewart's last performance, and they gave him a hell of a line to go out on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaJGXwbvWNE
"People should stop using Vietnam as a reason why the Ewoks were able to defeat the Empire."
-Destined4Greatn, 07/10/10

User Info: Tidus6135

Tidus6135
2 years ago#9
Kungfu_Hero posted...
Channel Awesome is disappointing.

User Info: Tidus6135

Tidus6135
2 years ago#10
I do love James Stewart’s last line. Hard not to get choked up there.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: Home Media
  3. An American Tail: Fievel goes west was so disappointing.
  • Topic Archived