• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: Home Media
  3. How much continuity is there in the DC Animated Universe? *spoilers*

User Info: Roook35

Roook35
6 years ago#1
The reason I'm asking is because I just started watching Young Justice and in it *spoilers* The Young Justice team goes up against the League of Shadows who are using nanotechnology to destroy buildings, one of the buildings is STAR Labs

Then in Throne of Atlantis STAR Labs is shown being rebuilt. Also it ends with an after credits stinger showing Lex teaming up with the main villain
Killah Priest - "because ROOOK SAID SO DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASON."

User Info: RogueJedi86

RogueJedi86
6 years ago#2
YJ and Throne of Atlantis aren't part of the DCAU. I think the Throne of Atlantis movie might be part of the DC Animated Movie Universe, in continuity with all the other recent movies, distinct from the DCAU.
"Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan, is now an enemy of the Republic. Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

User Info: Gundammike

Gundammike
6 years ago#3
The DC Animated Universe (DCAU) was made up of:
Batman: The Animated Series
Superman: The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
The Zeta Project
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

The following TV series are all stand alone series, and are not connected to anything else, thus you can view them in any order, or not view them at all & you won't miss a thing in other series:
Teen Titans (the film Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo is a finale to this series)
The Batman
Krypto the Superdog
Legion of Super Heroes
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Young Justice
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
DC Nation Shorts
Beware the Batman
Teen Titans Go!

The DC Universe Animated Original Movies used to be stand alone films, and the ones that were not connected to anything else are:
Superman: Doomsday
Justice League: The New Frontier
Batman: Gotham Knight
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (this is a sequel to Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)
Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam
All-Star Superman
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year One
Justice League: Doom
Superman vs. The Elite
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2 (these 2 are linked to each other)
Superman: Unbound
JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (this film sets up the New 52 films)
Batman: Assault on Arkham (set in the Batman: Arkham videogame universe, but can be watched even if you've never played any of the games)

The DC Animated Film Universe is made up of movies which are adaptions of the comics' New 52 universe, and as such ARE connected in continuity with each other. They are:
Justice League: War
Son of Batman
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
You will respect the power of a Newtype Super Saiya-jin Jedi Master!"

User Info: RaptorNX01

RaptorNX01
6 years ago#4
and as I understand it all the dc animated films from here on out will be in the same canon.
"if you have to explain that your community isnt about racial supremacy then maybe youve chosen a poor name for your community."

User Info: Gundammike

Gundammike
6 years ago#5
raptornx01 posted...
and as I understand it all the dc animated films from here on out will be in the same canon.

Not entirely. There will be 1 film per year that will be independant from the others. Last year it was Batman: Assault on Arkham. This year it will be the upcoming Justice League: Gods And Monsters film. All other movies released this year will be in the same canon.
You will respect the power of a Newtype Super Saiya-jin Jedi Master!"

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
6 years ago#6
TC, there is an article on Kotaku with information about DC's "struggle with its lack of consistency on stories in its universe"

Just remember everyone, DC decided on its own to have Infinite Crisis. No one made them do it. I still like DC but holy crap they need to get their stuff in order.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: Home Media
  3. How much continuity is there in the DC Animated Universe? *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived