• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles 4
  3. My final opinion on difficulty.

User Info: evilashxero

evilashxero
5 months ago#1
Not that my opinion is that important or anything, but there was much discussion if this was as difficult as the first game (not getting into the 2nd or 3rd games).

I went directly into VC Remastered, after finishing IV, so it would be fresh in my mind. So, my opinion is: No...kinda.

People will bring up the tank fight in VC I, and that there is nothing like that in IV. That is absolutely correct. That is a brutal mission. However, there is nothing like that in VC 1 that matches it. It's just some crazy hard stage they put in a "not that hard" strategy game.

Both games have the "I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do" stages, that will get you killed a bit. Usually story stages involving Valkyria.
You can debate which has a harder ending. If you don't know what to do at the end of IV, it's a beast. But Max is really rough if you don't know what to do either.

The one thing that makes 1 a bit harder, is that it's hard to get a "Game Over" in IV, because you can lose your tank and be fine. That being said, you get gunned down a lot more in IV, and can have characters walked over and lose them. So, when that happens, I just start over anyway. Lots and lots of characters getting injured in IV, compared to 1. You have to be on your toes not to lose them completely.

So, that's my 2 cents. I think people focus too much on that one stage in 1, and really don't look at the game as a whole when considering the difficulty.
Also, I will say that IV is a bit longer, so it does have more "easy missions" than 1, just because the game is longer.

But 1 is a bit harder. Not by a lot.
NO REFUGE
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: rpggamer29

rpggamer29
5 months ago#2
I think 1 is more difficult but less fair. Especially when you account for the best ranks and turn count. 4 made improvements over 1 that made it slightly easier but also more fun and balanced. That is my take.

User Info: Aquatrez

Aquatrez
5 months ago#3
rpggamer29 posted...
I think 1 is more difficult but less fair. Especially when you account for the best ranks and turn count. 4 made improvements over 1 that made it slightly easier but also more fun and balanced. That is my take.

Completely agree. VC1 is only "harder" because the mechanics aren't as fine-tuned as in VC4. The difficulty is artificially inflated.
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9476-6342
In-game Name: Tyler
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles 4
  3. My final opinion on difficulty.
  • Post New Message