• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why do movie directors like to put their names everywhere on their work?
Satt 3 months ago#1
Like "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas" Or a "A Hideo Kojima Game." on all his works. And recently Gullerimo Del Toro's Pinnochio. These guys must have massive egos just to claim all their credit to themselves.
Robin_Mask 3 months ago#2
You gotta realize Burton and Del Toro have rather unique films. If someone sees a trailer and see it's a rather weird movie, they would be more than willing to go for it if it has their name. Plus they have unique visions so you know it isn't half-assed weird for the sake of being weird movies.

Kojima did it originally for his love of western cinema and shows. MGSV was as a final counter to Konami who wanted him out for a long time.
What games worth playing will release for this new generation?
Satt 3 months ago#3
they even do it for cartoons now. Genndy Tarvotsky's Primal or something. i honeeslty quit watching it midway
WallStreetWolf 3 months ago#4
So you completely ignored the person they gave you an answer?
"I'm 38 and nearly lost it last night when I thought I'd lost my Minecraft world." - DSP
I simp for Harpie
(message deleted)
ClayGuida 3 months ago#6
Marketing.
lolAmerica
Fenriswolf 3 months ago#7
Sometimes it's done by the marketing team, Sid Meier for instance, who don't really have a design credit to the later Civilization games.
Hello
Robin_Mask 3 months ago#8
WallStreetWolf posted...
So you completely ignored the person they gave you an answer?
They didn't want a response it seems.
What games worth playing will release for this new generation?
Haunter12O 3 months ago#9
King Arthur- An Antoine Fuqua film.
MasterFoxCheif3 3 months ago#10
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon sounds more refined and respected and relatable than Ghost Recon.
''President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without any superpower''
https://i.imgur.com/d2nu7g2.gifv Kal Patrol! https://i.imgur.com/MT2uUAe.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why do movie directors like to put their names everywhere on their work?
  • Topic Archived