• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The biggest mystery ever: Why are MCU movie posters always so freaking bad?
pycho316 1 month ago#21
While I agree the MCU posters are, by and large, hot dogs***, I don't think it's any great mystery why they're designed the way they are. Also, in their defense the MCU is not the only one who has terrible movie posters.

With only rare exceptions, nearly every damn movie poster of the last 20, possibly 30, years follows the same boring template for how they're designed.

Big sexy pictures of the actors attractive faces plastered front and center, staring off into the distance at something (presumably something more interesting than these posters)
Twitter was a mistake - CanCanSam
I'll say it again, social media is a cancer to society - Drumiester
pycho316 1 month ago#22
Wutobliteration posted...
I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind, even the biggest fans, can tell you the Marvel movie posters are good

I think Toonstrack will accept that challenge. In fact I won't be satisfied until I hear his explanation for how these movie posters are actually great.
Twitter was a mistake - CanCanSam
I'll say it again, social media is a cancer to society - Drumiester
ReignFury 1 month ago#23
Ive rarely ever looked a poster and thought "that looks like s***"
Sounds about white
LaManoNeraII 1 month ago#24
They're all outsourced. Disney doesn't employ actual artists anymore. Every part of production is outsourced and they really like the guys who do it for the least amount of money
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png
npiguitar 1 month ago#25
SomeLikeItHoth posted...
All recent movie posters suck when you compare them to movie posters that came out in the ‘80s.
For real. 80s and before had really good posters. It's been going downhill big time since the 90s. Posters today are straight up trash for the most part.
SMM2 Maker ID: BKN-DYW-VWG
Mdodmod 1 month ago#26
ClayGuida posted...
The House of Gucci poster does that same s***. So f***ing annoying. 2/5 are correct, Driver and Pacino.

This is the best Gucci poster imo.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/6/2/AAaXyjAACqFW.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The biggest mystery ever: Why are MCU movie posters always so freaking bad?
  • Topic Archived