• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Favorite Al Pacino movie?
Tino_Tonitini2 1 month ago#31
Reala posted...
You're clearly not interested in movies so what are you doing on the movie board?

That's rubbish. That's like saying someone doesn't like video games because they've never played a Mario or GTA game.

I've been to the theater several times this year and have seen many films at home over the course of my life.

Drumiester 1 month ago#32
Damn at that comeback by Scarface, taking the lead. Very nice. Heat keeping it close too.
I Love Sasha Banks!
#AllElite
ClayGuida 1 month ago#33
I loved Carlitos Way as a kid. Heat though was such a great movie though. Serpico was also pretty awesome, same for Dog Day Afternoon.

It's a shame that he's just a complete shell, he was in some absolutely amazing films. One of the best filmographies ever, for a period of time.
lolAmerica
MonkeyMaster007 1 month ago#34
ClayGuida posted...
I loved Carlitos Way as a kid. Heat though was such a great movie though. Serpico was also pretty awesome, same for Dog Day Afternoon.

It's a shame that he's just a complete shell, he was in some absolutely amazing films. One of the best filmographies ever, for a period of time.
He kind of made a bit of a comeback. Once upon a time in Hollywood and The Irishman were huge critical hits and garnered several accolades including Oscar nominations for best picture and an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor in the Irishman.
When you Pick a fight with a devil, You better be Stronger than hell
RightNow 1 month ago#35
MonkeyMaster007 posted...
He kind of made a bit of a comeback. Once upon a time in Hollywood and The Irishman were huge critical hits and garnered several accolades including Oscar nominations for best picture and an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor in the Irishman.
In fairness though those felt like nominations simply for being a legend who was still acting in top-tier films. I feel like every character he’s played since like 2005 has just been “Al Pacino.”
ClayGuida 1 month ago#36
After Gigli, he started doing horrible films. I did hear he was good in the HBO stuff. He's also had a solid career from like 2018-now I guess. Heard Paterno was good too.

That 15 year gap though, just had a lot of bad movies. Even going back to S1mone. Maybe he realizes his life is ending, so may as well try hard to preserve his legacy, idk.

Hunters was also an incredibly fun show.
lolAmerica
PballDepot 1 month ago#37
RightNow posted...
In fairness though those felt like nominations simply for being a legend who was still acting in top-tier films. I feel like every character he’s played since like 2005 has just been “Al Pacino.”

Al fell off a little bit, but he still had easily the best performance in The Irishman of any of the actors, so it wasn't that far of a fall off.
https://i.imgur.com/3nl5l.png
JackBurton85 1 month ago#38
Baffled how Heat is winning this. Very pisspoorly written movie with nonsensical, poorly developed characters and character motivations/actions. Pacino's performance in it feels very awkward and at times comes across as though he is making a joke of things. Overrated movie.

KCJ5062 1 month ago#39
She got a great ass! And you got your head all the way up it!
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like
JackBurton85 1 month ago#40
PballDepot posted...
Al fell off a little bit, but he still had easily the best performance in The Irishman of any of the actors, so it wasn't that far of a fall off.

One stellar movie/performance amidst an OCEAN of literal s*** is hardly evidence he didn't "fall off"

Both Pacino and Deniro seemingly have gone out of their way the past 2 decades deliberately picking the worst f***ing projects imaginable. It's truly astounding. Youd think there'd be better work out there for legendary performers like these two, but apparently not. So much s***.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Favorite Al Pacino movie?
  • Topic Archived