• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Shang CHI's MOM power level (spoilers)
Supremo 2 months ago#1
Just watched this. She seemed to be toying with True Mandarin. He didn't seem to be holding back.
Shang-Chi couldn't do much against him despite training her technique briefly to face him.

I don't know much about this Marvel lore. Why she so strong.
"If I started working at Nintendo instead of Sega, I would have already quit the videogame industry." - Toshihiro Nagoshi
Angelblade 2 months ago#2
She’s tapped into the mystic energy of her people or village.

She loses that when she leaves.
Faye Wong
-No Regrets-
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC 2 months ago#3
Angelblade posted...
She’s tapped into the mystic energy of her people or village.

She loses that when she leaves.
They literally say this several times.
"A person can be young and idiotic or old and sharp. Joe Biden in a coma is still more coherent than MTG after her weird workout routine." - Torgo
Wutobliteration 2 months ago#4
because of plot armor and s***.

This same girl who has so much mystic energy comes from a village where somehow everyone else pales in comparison.

F***ing dumb.

The aunt could do the exact same abilities as the mother yet she's boiled down to fighting cannon fodder instead
Steamroll 2 months ago#5
It was so Shang Chi himself wouldn't be outshined by the entire village (even though logically they should have all stomped the goons and dad with more of them this time than just the mom).

Without the rings Shang Chi should probably average around Daredevil, Widow and a non-juiced T'challa in fighting capability, nothing spectacular comparatively to any major hitters (Thor, Hulk) or guys with powers which is why before getting the rings they had to nerf the village.
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC 2 months ago#6
Wutobliteration posted...
because of plot armor and s***.

This same girl who has so much mystic energy comes from a village where somehow everyone else pales in comparison.

F***ing dumb.

The aunt could do the exact same abilities as the mother yet she's boiled down to fighting cannon fodder instead
I would presume that mom/aunt were the appointed guardians, probably with additional powers/skills, since mom was the one who prevented Wenwu from getting into the village. And who was the aunt supposed to fight? Only The Great Protector or Shang with the ten rings was even close to a match for the Dweller in Darkness.
"A person can be young and idiotic or old and sharp. Joe Biden in a coma is still more coherent than MTG after her weird workout routine." - Torgo
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Shang CHI's MOM power level (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived