• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Shang Chi was great until *Spoilers
bulletproofvita 2 months ago#1
The fake Mandarin shows up again... Movie took a nosedive.
Why does Marvel keep this s*** going?
I don't do signatures.
hulkhogan1 2 months ago#2
bulletproofvita posted...
The fake Mandarin shows up again... Movie took a nosedive.
Why does Marvel keep this s*** going?
What was wrong with that? He added some good comic relief, and at least this time around he wasn't just there for a lame twist. If anything I appreciate that they brought him back instead of letting him forever be associated with one of the most disappointing Marvel movies.
Hulkhogan1 is #AllElite brother!
I_love_men 2 months ago#3
I totally forgot all about fake Mandarin being in that movie. At first I thought TC was referring to the main villain as the fake Mandarin until I read the 2nd post lmao
I signed up for Gamefaqs and all I got was this lousy signature.
Gamefaqs: Where calling someone a dimwit is considered "Offensive Material." :s
ShadowMan033 2 months ago#4
It was good until the CGI dragon fight. Totally ruined any good will that movie had built up with me
LSU Tigers - 2019 National Champions
1958, 2003, 2007, 2019
Hornswoggled 2 months ago#5
My eyes are starting to glaze over at the big action climaxes of these movies.
FGAssassinMit 2 months ago#6
ShadowMan033 posted...
It was good until the CGI dragon fight. Totally ruined any good will that movie had built up with me
I wouldn't say this part ruined anything for me, but I definitely would've preferred a more personal battle with his father as the last battle. The dragon did feel unnecessary.
SRR Capdown 2 months ago#7
The plot was so ridiculously contrived. Everything just happened because it needed to, not organically. It was egregious even for a marvel film.

Saved only by the good fight scenes, but again as someone said the cgi fest towards the end was pretty bad.
Fire Bucket
Draum 2 months ago#8
Katy killed the movie for me. Constantly screaming like an adhd riddled monkey and trying to be funny, hated that character so much. Movie should have focused on Shang Chi and his sister.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident".
refmon 2 months ago#9
hulkhogan1 posted...
What was wrong with that? He added some good comic relief, and at least this time around he wasn't just there for a lame twist. If anything I appreciate that they brought him back instead of letting him forever be associated with one of the most disappointing Marvel movies.

I think it felt odd because Awkafina was already the comic relief character. It was a great they brought him back but I thought he would stay in the dungeon and show up again at the end instead of tagging along.
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Shang Chi was great until *Spoilers
  • Topic Archived