• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. is every version of James Bond a different character? *No Time To Die spoilers*

User Info: The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader
1 month ago#51
The code name thing existed long before, but the film producers didn’t do themselves any favors by keeping Dench onboard for the Craig reboot. That does make the theory seem all the more plausible.

User Info: Jaws19

Jaws19
1 month ago#52
The Top Crusader posted...
The code name thing existed long before, but the film producers didn’t do themselves any favors by keeping Dench onboard for the Craig reboot. That does make the theory seem all the more plausible.
It didn't make it anymore plausible than keeping Desmond Llewellyn as Q for so long.

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
1 month ago#53
spikethedevil posted...
What? @NaclynE no one from Goldeneye apart from Jack Wade appeared in TND and the villain stuff and old gadgets were in Qlab.

The girl from Golden Eye says to him after slapping him in the face "how about 'I'll be right back' " and briefly explains being ditched. Brosnan gets asked what that was all about. He explains briefly he knew her from the events of Golden Eye. Just the Russian guys hired by the Newspaper main villain had her killed which caused her to grieve.

Not sure the Q Lab thing but there was a scene in Die Another Day in the ice cave. A video by Cini Fix covers the shout outs of the scene.
PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102. YouTube channel: Naclyn Erick II

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
1 month ago#54
NaclynE posted...
The girl from Golden Eye says to him after slapping him in the face "how about 'I'll be right back' " and briefly explains being ditched. Brosnan gets asked what that was all about. He explains briefly he knew her from the events of Golden Eye.

Nope, that definitely never happened.

NaclynE posted...
Just the Russian guys hired by the Newspaper main villain had her killed which caused her to grieve.

You mean the German guy caused him to grieve?

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
1 month ago#55
For the record, Natalya Simonova (GoldenEye girl) and Paris Carver (TND girl) are not the same characters.

User Info: Ryven

Ryven
1 month ago#56
The Top Crusader posted...

Keyword, reboot. As in, ignores all movies prior and starts with a clean slate.
'We're not gonna make it, are we? People i mean.'
'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.'

User Info: dataDynosaur

dataDynosaur
1 month ago#57
At this point it's like trying to make sense of the Zelda games as one giant storyline. No way of explaining it will make complete sense.
No one I think is in my tree.
I mean it must be high or low.

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 month ago#58
NaclynE posted...
The girl from Golden Eye says to him after slapping him in the face "how about 'I'll be right back' " and briefly explains being ditched. Brosnan gets asked what that was all about. He explains briefly he knew her from the events of Golden Eye. Just the Russian guys hired by the Newspaper main villain had her killed which caused her to grieve.

Not sure the Q Lab thing but there was a scene in Die Another Day in the ice cave. A video by Cini Fix covers the shout outs of the scene.

Yeah Paris and Natalya are not the same characters. @NaclynE
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 month ago#59
Fenrir-Juubi posted...
No, they want the white male hero dead and now forever, that is why they are killing him now. Bond will never return until there is a cultural shift where white male heroes stop being seen as the plague.
That is not true.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
1 month ago#60
Fenrir-Juubi posted...
No, they want the white male hero dead and now forever, that is why they are killing him now. Bond will never return until there is a cultural shift where white male heroes stop being seen as the plague.

This is incorrect. Since 2020 when Craig said he was doing James Bond films due to getting constantly hurt (even got injured during filming of No Time to Die while Quantum of Solace he had a severe injury) he was extremely upfront (at the time) that Spectre was his last film. Reason why No Time to Die is Craig's last was the studio wanted more closure for this bond. Only way to get Craig onboard was to give him 90% control of the project (stars, writer, director). They gave it to him. Even knowing this the studio in 2020 already started a "James Bond cast list" which ranged from Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Robert Patterson, the main star of Outlander, and various other stars. Mainly white male despite Idris Elba being on the list. If anything it seems like the people responsible for James Bond have been looking for a replacement actor since 2020 because they intend to still do more.

kidpokerfan posted...
Nope, that definitely never happened.

You mean the German guy caused him to grieve?

Yeah. I mistyped "her" when I meant "him". I had a bit of a headache at the time typing out what I was saying.

spikethedevil posted...
Yeah Paris and Natalya are not the same characters. @NaclynE

True...even still wasn't like she was in the Connery movies or Liscence to Kill. Seemed like she was a character in the Bronson films. I didn't see Michelle Yeoh in any of the Craig films. Let alone the last because they mentioned various countries contested the island.
PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102. YouTube channel: Naclyn Erick II
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. is every version of James Bond a different character? *No Time To Die spoilers*
  • Topic Archived