• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Marcia Lucas was furious over Disney Star Wars sequels

User Info: MonkeyMaster007

MonkeyMaster007
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-marcia-lucas-furious-sequels-rey

She was the film editor of the original trilogy. She didn't hold back. Also apparently she really hated Rey.
When you Pick a fight with a devil, You better be Stronger than hell

User Info: VectorAgent

VectorAgent
3 weeks ago#2
Always interesting to see what the people involved with an original work think of continuations made by others. Thanks for sharing.
Only guy on the entire internet thinking about the Scoobyverse.

User Info: pionear

pionear
3 weeks ago#3
Also, eh, GL's 1st Wife? She was also an Editor for alot of other Hollywood films, like for Scorsese...

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 weeks ago#4
No wonder George dumped this crazy broad lol

The whole foreword is her just lashing out at everything (I despise the sequels and Disney, BTW)

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
3 weeks ago#5
LaManoNeraII posted...
No wonder George dumped this crazy broad lol

The whole foreword is her just lashing out at everything (I despise the sequels and Disney, BTW)
Of all things, she saved and helped make Star Wars a big name alongside the other editors.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Top games this gen: Sekiro>RE2/RE3=DMCV>Witcher 3=RDR2=GOW=BB>Doom>T7>Nioh

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
3 weeks ago#6
"They don't get it," Lucas writes. "And J.J. Abrams is writing these stories — when I saw the movie where they kill Han Solo, I was furious... Absolutely, positively there was no rhyme or reason to it. I thought, You don't get the Jedi story. You don't get the magic of Star Wars. You're getting rid of Han Solo? And then at the end of this last one, they have Luke disintegrate. They killed Han Solo. They killed Luke Skywalker. And they don't have Princess Leia anymore. And they're spitting out movies every year."
lol
Hard times (happiest days of my life) hard times gone by

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 weeks ago#7
Robin_Mask posted...
Of all things, she saved and helped make Star Wars a big name alongside the other editors.

A bit hyperbolic, no? She did her job, alongside a team of other editors and George Lucas.

User Info: B18Champ

B18Champ
3 weeks ago#8
Lets not kid ourselves, the only great Star Wars movies were New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. There hasn't been a truly great SW movie in over 40 years.
(message deleted)

User Info: PurpleOutsider

PurpleOutsider
3 weeks ago#10
LaManoNeraII posted...
A bit hyperbolic, no? She did her job, alongside a team of other editors and George Lucas.
She won an Oscar for the editing, and considering the amount of special effects and sound effects, it was very much a movie that was "made" in post production.
"I will find a hole and **** it. If there ain't one, I will make one."
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Marcia Lucas was furious over Disney Star Wars sequels
  • Post New Message