• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Adam Wingard in early talks to direct next MonsterVerse movie...

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 month ago#1
...could possibly be Son of Kong.

https://www.ign.com/articles/godzilla-vs-kong-director-adam-wingard-may-return-to-legendarys-monsterverse-for-son-of-kong

"While the future of Legendary's MonsterVerse hasn't been officially revealed as of yet, sources have said that Godzilla vs. Kong director Adam Wingard is in talks to return for another film that could possibly be Son of Kong.As reported by THR, Legendary is "quietly taking steps to stretch the series into one or more installments" following the success of Godzilla vs. Kong.

However, there is no timetable for Wingard's return as he has already committed to directing both a feature film adaptation of the animated television series Thundercats and a sequel to 1997's Face/Off, which starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage.

THR also notes that Wingard has been very involved in "creating Godzilla vs. Kong set-pieces as well as the world-building for the movie’s Hollow Earth plotline." They've also been discussing plenty of ideas for what this new film would be, and Son of Kong is one of these that is being "floated internally."

1933's Son of Kong was originally a sequel to King Kong that was released nine months after the original. The story picked up a month after Kong's destructive time in New York City."

I'd love this, and I think the MV will continue for sure with the money and overall reaction to GvK. I think a Kong centered Hollow Earth film is the natural next step for the franchise, as Godzilla has been in three MV movies thus far and it'd be good to give him a break before a come back.

I'd like if we got this, then one more Godzilla movie and then a big Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars kind of movie to wrap things up. Though I'm also no opposed to the series just running for ages either.

"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
1 month ago#2
We've seen 0 female Kongs and now we're led to believe Kong already clappin cheeks? I can't suspend my disbelief that far.
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
1 month ago#3
I was never a Kong fan. I might pass on that one.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
1 month ago#4
Kong was never my friend @ClayGuida
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#5
Just give us more Godzilla. That's all I want, every monster movie. Godzilla vs whatever
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: SpikeMike4487

SpikeMike4487
1 month ago#6
pothocket posted...
Just give us more Godzilla. That's all I want, every monster movie. Godzilla vs whatever

That's up to Toho whether they want to extend the licencing agreement, as Godzilla vs. Kong was the last film Legendary had the rights to use the character in.
"Heath Ledger took a fist full of pills. He knew how that nap was going to end."-- Daniel Tosh
http://livinglifebywatching.wordpress.com/

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#7
I'm down with more Kong. Both films with Kong were better than the two films without. Perhaps because the character shows more human emotion idk, but I f***ing loved Skull Island, and I really liked GvK, yet somehow felt disappointed with KOTM while I loved Godzilla.
lolAmerica

User Info: pionear

pionear
1 month ago#8
Heineken14 posted...
We've seen 0 female Kongs and now we're led to believe Kong already clappin cheeks? I can't suspend my disbelief that far.

Cloning, like in Jurassic Park...

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 month ago#9
pionear posted...
Cloning, like in Jurassic Park...

I was thinking more along the lines of him finding an orphan member of his species in the Hollow Earth and adopting him. Maybe even battle an evil Kong.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Adam Wingard in early talks to direct next MonsterVerse movie...
  • Topic Archived