• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Teaser trailer for Spielberg's West Side Story
(message deleted)

User Info: mohabme

mohabme
1 month ago#12
This looks generic AF. I'm still rooting for the theater people to do a good job though.
You can find me on Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/@mohab

User Info: Cory898

Cory898
1 month ago#13
I had no idea this was happening until I randomly came across the trailer on IMDb.

BilalPowell posted...
I'm sure everyone who loved the original will hate it

I’ll defy that. The original is one of my favorite movies ever and the reason I love musicals. This trailer got me mad hyped and I can’t wait to see it. Admittedly I’m pretty easily pleased on top of being open minded when it comes to new adaptations.
There is nothing sexier than a relationship built on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.

User Info: De-

De-
1 month ago#14
Can't be certain if Spielberg influenced Abrams on lens flares, or Abrams influenced Spielberg on that.

I applaud Stevie for adding a little more color here than his usual, but boy, I wish he would tone down the cool tint of his aesthetic. Same could be said for most of modern cinema.
But I could be wrong...
(message deleted)

User Info: discovery

discovery
1 month ago#16
KittyBillionair posted...
A musical?? 🤢 🤮

I guess humans will devour any garbage they encounter, whether it be avatar, titanic, American idol, country music, resident evil movies, mortal kombat 2021, etc.
If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with musicals? There are a lot of really amazing musicals out there.
Have a nice day!

User Info: BeLieVEdaHyPE

BeLieVEdaHyPE
1 month ago#17
KittyBillionair posted...
A musical?? 🤢 🤮

I guess humans will devour any garbage they encounter, whether it be avatar, titanic, American idol, country music, resident evil movies, mortal kombat 2021, etc.

Musicals almost always seem to be in the running for BP. Nothing wrong with them.

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
1 month ago#18
zero interest in the original, and in this

User Info: PlayItRetro

PlayItRetro
1 month ago#19
I know it's Spielberg and is going to be a good movie, but I don't care to watch the new version of West Side Story.

Maybe it's because I feel the same way when a great director makes a movie about a topic or story Im not into, the hype is not enough to get me to see it.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Teaser trailer for Spielberg's West Side Story
  • Topic Archived