• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why didnt "George Lucas" pick"Devon Michael"

User Info: Stim9

Stim9
3 weeks ago#1
in Star Wars 1 as Anakin Skywalker? He clearly was the best
0:08 - 0:10
3:05 - 3:12
https://youtu.be/GZSnB7yGylc

I mean maybe he picked Jake Lloyd because he wanted to sell idea that fear happens to good kids and thats what corrupts them. So maybe he was too good and that he didnt see it working to sell the story to the viewer? But curious to what you think?

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 weeks ago#2
The “faster and more intense” guy picked the fastest and most intense actor. I think it really is as simple as that lol

If you know Lucas you know he never would’ve done “dark and brooding baby Vader”. That’s not his style at all. Anakin falls to the dark side because he can’t let go of attachments. He can’t accept death, can’t accept losing people he cares about and believes he can use power to change that. Anakin is an emotional and caring person who can’t let go, not an eternal edge lord
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

Stim9
3 weeks ago#3
LaManoNeraII posted...
The “faster and more intense” guy picked the fastest and most intense actor. I think it really is as simple as that lol

If you know Lucas you know he never would’ve done “dark and brooding baby Vader”. That’s not his style at all. Anakin falls to the dark side because he can’t let go of attachments. He can’t accept death, can’t accept losing people he cares about and believes he can use power to change that. Anakin is an emotional and caring person who can’t let go, not an eternal edge lord
But i am an edgelord. I play Shadow the Hedgehog on PS2

But Star Wars 3 was a good movie, i guess build up to a nice child to being corrupted by evil forces was interesting

User Info: VectorAgent

VectorAgent
3 weeks ago#4
Stim9 posted...
But i am an edgelord. I play Shadow the Hedgehog on PS2

Woah, you must be REALLY edgy!

*starts twirling my hair with a finger*

Do you, like, wear sunglasses indoors as well? My mother warned me about people like you...

Only guy on the entire internet thinking about the Scoobyverse.

User Info: BlakPeppa

BlakPeppa
3 weeks ago#5
Jealous. All those kids get to meet Nathalie Portman.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift...that's why it is call the present"

Stim9
3 weeks ago#6
VectorAgent posted...
Woah, you must be REALLY edgy!

*starts twirling my hair with a finger*

Do you, like, wear sunglasses indoors as well? My mother warned me about people like you...
Sure beats being an low energy hipster who listens to bad low energy music like the Beatles that hippies loved

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
3 weeks ago#7
Most child actors can't act out of a paper bag, and Lucas clearly doesn't work well with them. Lucas could cast Haley Joel Osmont and I can guarantee you'll get the same result.
Hello

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
3 weeks ago#8
Didn't Lucas intended to cast Leonardo DiCaprio as adult Anakin that's why he went with someone who kinds of resembles him?

User Info: Eat Man

Eat Man
2 weeks ago#9
Casting young anakin Skywalker is like casting young Luke Skywalker, not young darth Vader. There's a difference and I agree with the decision that ended up being made. I would have written a completely different script and we never would've seen child anakin but that's a different story.
Check out the opening excerpts of my cyberpunk novel at https://www.eyesofglass.com, also featuring my complete rewrite of Avengers Endgame!
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why didnt "George Lucas" pick"Devon Michael"
  • Topic Archived