• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Godzilla vs. King Kong was terrible. Hated it. (spoilers)

User Info: fantaphil

fantaphil
4 weeks ago#1
It was my first Godzilla movie.

I'll be straight bro the point. I didn't watch the Kong movie for your info.

Stupid little Girl - Why the f*** would they have a little 6 y/o running around with Kong and s***? Why was there no security in the ship to prevent this little s*** from leaving her quarter? She was unnecessary. Why not have a grown ass woman for this? Like a love interest? I would've bought that more.

Stupid Teenagers - Why did they think they could help Godzilla? They're just high schoolers! The fat kid was f***ing annoying. How the hell did they survive the container ride that was going over 900 mph? Why was there no personelle at the arrival of the container?

Apex - Why the f*** did this state of the art place have no cameras, door card readers, or f***ing security? Any one can just walk in. Wtf

Male Scientist - Where did he learn to pilot those specialized flying vehicles? He's a scientist not a f***ing pilot of a proprietary vehicle.

Comedy - the comedy sucked ass. The Fat man was irritating. I only got a chuckle when scientist guy did the sign language for coward thinking it was for being brave. Every thing else sucked.

Convenience - Too many convenient things happened for the movie to continue. Like the teens and fat man accidentally going to HK and s*** to name one example.

Godzilla was dumb - He couldn't sense when the choppers picked up Kong? Da f*** was that.

Kong - he was a p**** and needed a ton of help to fight Godzilla.

Earth Core - it has a dimension to another place or wtf was that BS? How the f*** did they all survive that energy and s***? How is there oxygen and clouds and crap in the core?

There's probably more but I'm tired and annoyed at this awful movie. Godzilla should've finished off Mecha Godzilla though.

Some positives:

Godzilla - he was bad ass overall. I liked him. He was a bit dumb though like leaving the sea thinking he killed everyone on the ships. But he was a bad ass and was still able to walk off after beating the f*** out of Kong and Mecha.

And the fight scenes were cool for the most part.

This awful movie made me interested in Godzilla. I think I'm going to watch some classic Godzilla movies as long as the stories aren't f***ing stupid. So feel free to recommend some Godzilla movies.

When a movie has the audience (maybe just me) rooting for all the good guys and Kong to die, then you did a terrible job with the story.

Amazingspiderman1 4 weeks ago#2
Look. Imma stop you right there and tell you don’t watch anything else related to kaiju movies because all that isn’t worth it.
Gamertag: VenomousRage20x / Dallas Mavericks 2019 - 2020. My hopes are through the moon next year.

User Info: EmperorOfSand

EmperorOfSand
4 weeks ago#3
fantaphil posted...

Stupid little Girl - Why the f*** would they have a little 6 y/o running around with Kong and s***? Why was there no security in the ship to prevent this little s*** from leaving her quarter? She was unnecessary. Why not have a grown ass woman for this? Like a love interest? I would've bought that more.

Stupid Teenagers - Why did they think they could help Godzilla? They're just high schoolers! The fat kid was f***ing annoying. How the hell did they survive the container ride that was going over 900 mph? Why was there no personelle at the arrival of the container?

Apex - Why the f*** did this state of the art place have no cameras, door card readers, or f***ing security? Any one can just walk in. Wtf

Male Scientist - Where did he learn to pilot those specialized flying vehicles? He's a scientist not a f***ing pilot of a proprietary vehicle.

Comedy - the comedy sucked ass. The Fat man was irritating. I only got a chuckle when scientist guy did the sign language for coward thinking it was for being brave. Every thing else sucked.

Convenience - Too many convenient things happened for the movie to continue. Like the teens and fat man accidentally going to HK and s*** to name one example.

Godzilla was dumb - He couldn't sense when the choppers picked up Kong? Da f*** was that.

Earth Core - it has a dimension to another place or wtf was that BS? How the f*** did they all survive that energy and s***? How is there oxygen and clouds and crap in the core?

There's probably more but I'm tired and annoyed at this awful movie. Godzilla should've finished off Mecha Godzilla though.

Some positives:

Godzilla - he was bad ass overall. I liked him. He was a bit dumb though like leaving the sea thinking he killed everyone on the ships. But he was a bad ass and was still able to walk off after beating the f*** out of Kong and Mecha.

And the fight scenes were cool for the most part.

This awful movie made me interested in Godzilla. I think I'm going to watch some classic Godzilla movies as long as the stories aren't f***ing stupid. So feel free to recommend some Godzilla movies.

When a movie has the audience (maybe just me) rooting for all the good guys and Kong to die, then you did a terrible job with the story.

This here is the problem.

Now Playing: Destiny 2, Pokemon Sword, TLoZ: Links Awakening, Godzilla

User Info: FortuneCookie

FortuneCookie
4 weeks ago#4
fantaphil posted...

This is my gripe with the movie.

Both Godzilla/Kong crossovers have done Kong dirty. In the first version, the costume looks like a throw rug and he's given a bunch of comical moments to make him look like a goof. But at least he can fight. In this film, he's a hopeless underdog who can't even beat a nameless flying serpent without assistance.

User Info: BlakPeppa

BlakPeppa
4 weeks ago#5
fantaphil posted...
First problem.
fantaphil posted...
Second problem.
fantaphil posted...
She was born on the island. Her people are Skull Island natives. Kong Skull Island movie shows this. Don't think security is needed honestly, she's a guest. And why does Kong need a love interest? It's implied Kong didn't trust anyone not from the island. First Kong movie pretty much explains why.
fantaphil posted...
Maddy Russell (Millie Bobby Brown) is a main character from the previous Godzilla movie. Watch that to even understand why everyone was even shocked at Godzilla's "unprovoked" attacks.

Everything else you just "roll with it". And convenience happens in movies all the time.
Deja Vu! I've just been in this place before!

User Info: ScorpioGuy

ScorpioGuy
4 weeks ago#6
There was way to many monster brawls. I can't believe they didn't spend more time with millie and friends. Everytime Godzilla and Kong were fighting, I was wondering what the trio of heros were doing. Everytime they were going to do something interesting, They cut away to the monsters! What were they thinking?!?

Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
http://www.youtube.com/TheScorpioFiles
(message deleted)

User Info: FortuneCookie

FortuneCookie
4 weeks ago#8
I get the feeling they had two and a half hours of movie and the studio was like, "Trim that down to two hours. The people only want to see the fights anyway."

User Info: BlakPeppa

BlakPeppa
4 weeks ago#9
FortuneCookie posted...
I get the feeling they had two and a half hours of movie and the studio was like, "Trim that down to two hours. The people only want to see the fights anyway."

Pretty much confirmed. There were even characters who were completely cut.
Deja Vu! I've just been in this place before!

User Info: Xanathar

Xanathar
4 weeks ago#10
Congrats for discovering what everyone already knew
Not all those that wander are lost
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Godzilla vs. King Kong was terrible. Hated it. (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived