• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. For all the people saying "WB didn't spoil the GvK winner" (SPOILERS)

User Info: KManX89

KManX89
1 month ago#1
I remember a few people denying the second GvK trailer spoiled the winner.

And well, I hate to say "I told you so"...

Nah, just kidding, I love doing that s***.

I f***ing told you so.

I mean, come on, it was obvious to anyone with a working pair of eyes they spoiled who wins. The Hong Kong fight was at night and Kong was shown KOed during sunrise, meaning hours had to have passed, and the MechaGodzilla spot from the first trailer was also at sunrise. It was quite easy to connect the dots. It was like the Manray and Patrick wallet scene.

"This is a picture of Kong knocked out."

"Yup."

"He is knocked out in a destroyed Hong Kong at sunrise where the final fight takes place at night."

"Yup".

"So that shot of Kong unconscious had to have been hours afterwards."

"Makes sense to me."

"So WB spoiled the winner."

"DUBYU BEE DIDN'T SPOYUL NETHING!"

Then the movie comes out and, low and behold, it confirmed what we already knew, or should I say, had spoiled for us from just the second trailer: Godzilla wins.

Because WB are f***ing idiots as they've continued to prove with their Snyder Cut response (or lack of). Oddly enough, I've seen people denying the villain creature was Doomsday in the second BvS trailer. Clearly, I won that debate, too.
My Blu-Ray/DVD/Games Collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=551829 Updated: 3/25/2021

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
1 month ago#2
I avoided all the advertising, and I'm glad I did. Didn't know a single thing about the film other than the title.
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: NightMarishPie

NightMarishPie
1 month ago#3
Ok
"Who dares, wins"
3DS FC: 1521 3697 7272

User Info: OkayPlayer1

OkayPlayer1
1 month ago#4
Ok sure, they "spoiled" it if you're an obsessive nerd that analyzes every shot in a trailer. Want a prize? How you even thought this was worth a topic is beyond me, but hey get that gamefaqs cred up I guess? lol

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
1 month ago#5
Their wasn't a Victor until Kong yielded by dropping his axe.

Up until that point there was 1 Kong victory, and two Godzilla victories.
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 month ago#6
I think there was thought that Kong bringing the charged axe down on Godzilla's head would knock them both out and that's why Kong was KOed.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: OkayPlayer1

OkayPlayer1
1 month ago#7
BUMP so more people can tell TC what a good boy he is for winning a debate that he created in his head

User Info: KManX89

KManX89
1 month ago#8
acolytes posted...
I think there was thought that Kong bringing the charged axe down on Godzilla's head would knock them both out and that's why Kong was KOed.

The "one shall fall" tagline and the director saying there'd be a decisive winner kinda negates that.

OkayPlayer1 posted...
BUMP so more people can tell TC what a good boy he is for winning a debate that he created in his head

In this thread alone, you have a couple people denying they outright spoiled the winner when they clearly did:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/227-movies-at-the-theater/79295638

The only problem with this guy's theory:

Godzilla and Kong fight in Hong Kong at night, Kong falls down at one point and looks pretty bad, but then there's a shot of Godzilla and Kong facing off surrounded by the rubble of a city in broad daylight. So whatever happens during the Hong Kong night time battle, both are still standing by dawn.

Is the ship battle happens during the daytime and the Hong Kong fight at night, so they're both at completely different times, and there's a shot in one of the trailers with Kong KO'ed on the carrier ship as well, so they clearly spoiled it. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened during the China fight. @Vyyk

And I've read posts on other forums saying the same thing when it was obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Glad Godzilla won, but I would've liked to have found that out on my own accord. If I wanted to know who wins before the movie even comes out, I'd read the plot leaks, WB. 🙄
My Blu-Ray/DVD/Games Collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=551829 Updated: 3/27/2021

User Info: BlakPeppa

BlakPeppa
1 month ago#9
KManX89 posted...
and there's a shot in one of the trailers with Kong KO'ed on the carrier ship as well, so they clearly spoiled it.

But that's the scene before Kong meets Godzilla for the first time. @KManX89 Or are you talking about another scene? Can you timestamp it in which trailer you're talking about?
Deja Vu! I've just been in this place before!

User Info: BlakPeppa

BlakPeppa
1 month ago#10
Response?
Deja Vu! I've just been in this place before!
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. For all the people saying "WB didn't spoil the GvK winner" (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived