• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. GvK > Godzilla 2014 = Skull Island > KOTM (spoilers)

User Info: Tequilawhatitdo

Tequilawhatitdo
1 month ago#11
Godzilla v Kong was a f***ing BLAST.
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-4fgojx.gif - #1 P4P
Nachos = $3, Nachos con queso = $5, Champion Dos Nachos = Priceless

User Info: MajesticFerret

MajesticFerret
1 month ago#12
GvK > KOTM = Skull Island > Godzilla 2014.

Godzilla 2014 was pretty unremarkable outside of the shock factor of bringing Godzilla franchise back from extinction. I feel like it took forever for Godzilla to even make an appearance.
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.

User Info: RiKuToTheMiGhtY

RiKuToTheMiGhtY
4 weeks ago#13
MajesticFerret posted...
GvK > KOTM = Skull Island > Godzilla 2014.

Godzilla 2014 was pretty unremarkable outside of the shock factor of bringing Godzilla franchise back from extinction. I feel like it took forever for Godzilla to even make an appearance.
This, Godzilla 2014 was a snoozefest, the last 20 minutes is all that matters, 30 if you want to include the first scenes Godzilla actually shows up in.
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 weeks ago#14
MajesticFerret posted...

Godzilla 2014 was pretty unremarkable outside of the shock factor of bringing Godzilla franchise back from extinction.

I felt it had the best tone, perspective, and scale of any of the movies so far. I've loved every Legendary Godzilla movie, but none really match the gravity of Godzilla 2014. I was also a sucker for Edwards' using human vantage points for creature sightings (like view from the bus, office buildings, etc). I never had to question for a moment how awesome these creatures were, or how utterly dwarfed the audience was by them.

I've accepted since then that Godzilla was going to borrow some of the lightheared tone made popular by the recent Marvel trend, and it works, but I'll always wonder an entire series would be like in the original style (with a better lead). But at the same time, I'm probably in the minority, and most everyone else is glad that didn't happen.

<_<
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: Darknessx9

Darknessx9
3 weeks ago#15
Disagree
Did I ever tell you what the definition of winning is?

User Info: KManX89

KManX89
3 weeks ago#16
Romaji posted...
Not enough Godzilla.

This complaint will continue to exist no matter how much screen time they give him.

Don't believe me?:

https://imgur.com/KpRI4uv
My Blu-Ray/DVD/Games Collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=551829 Updated: 4/12/2021

User Info: NaturalCalamity

NaturalCalamity
3 weeks ago#17
Skull Island and Godzilla were really good.

KvG and KoM were absolute garbage.
Acne on your face, acne on my shirt bro.
https://www.grailed.com/NaturalCalamity

User Info: ProjectSiolence

ProjectSiolence
3 weeks ago#18
Kong > kotm > kvg > godzilla
But that's just my opinion man
Amazingspiderman1 3 weeks ago#19
Hornswoggled posted...
Skull Island is my favorite.

I like how simple the plot is. It's kind of a laid back movie for a big budget Kaiju flick.

John C. Reilly and Sam Jackson are the best human characters in this whole series, IMO.

Kinda weird that I'm a huge Godzilla fan, and the Monsterverse movie I like best is the one he's not even in.

I feel the exact same way.
Gamertag: VenomousRage20x / Dallas Mavericks 2019 - 2020. My hopes are through the moon next year.

User Info: Darknessx9

Darknessx9
3 weeks ago#20
No.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of winning is?
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. GvK > Godzilla 2014 = Skull Island > KOTM (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived