• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. CHAOS WALKING (Tom Holland & Daisy Ridley) opening March 5th in theaters.

User Info: The_REAL_Duke_O

The_REAL_Duke_O
2 months ago#31
Zanthion posted...
They're still making dystopian movies based on YA novels? I thought this trend was long dead.

I have a feeling this might be the last one. No matter how good or bad this movie might be, I've noticed on a lot of social media sites where fans who want to see this film can't because theaters are not open in their area. In other words, a very large amount of people who would have went to see this film in theaters can't. That's going to f*** up the box office performance of this movie. Granted, it could pull a Monster Hunter where most people don't see it in theaters but it makes tons of money off of DVD / Blu-ray / digital rental sales.

SavageGlum100 posted...
The Rotten Tomatoes scores between critics and audiences are on two polar ends right now.
Critics don't like this film since the RT critic score is 26%, however the audience RT score is at 72% (which is a decent score showing most people who have seen the film liked it).
Should be interesting to see where the scores go from now till the end of this weekend.

Is it just me or have critics been far more harsher than usual? I can understand if the audience score was also a 26%, but with that wide of a gap between critics and the audience (which is at 72%), something that's been happening more than usual, I've got to wonder about critics.
I want my Earthbound!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. CHAOS WALKING (Tom Holland & Daisy Ridley) opening March 5th in theaters.
  • Topic Archived