• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. What if Covid keeps theaters closed down for another whole year?

User Info: TastyTiana

TastyTiana
1 month ago#1
Ghostbusters Afterlife and Top Gun Maverick streaming when?
"Ready perfectly" to traumatize a hero near you

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
1 month ago#2
I've come to the conclusion that a not insignificant number of people (some on this board, too) are perfectly happy with the arrangement that theaters remain closed forever. they got their home theater so what do they care? just pony up a hundred bucks a month for your half dozen different streaming services, you underlings.

User Info: TastyTiana

TastyTiana
1 month ago#3
Yeah. But when Ghostbusters and Top Gun tho?
"Ready perfectly" to traumatize a hero near you

User Info: Zanthion

Zanthion
1 month ago#4
CommonGrackle posted...
I've come to the conclusion that a not insignificant number of people (some on this board, too) are perfectly happy with the arrangement that theaters remain closed forever. they got their home theater so what do they care? just pony up a hundred bucks a month for your half dozen different streaming services, you underlings.
Would you really have wanted your first viewing of Avengers: Endgame to be in your basement?

This is also somewhat of an elitist attitude, since the overall number of people who actually have arrangements like you're describing isn't really that high, and is limited to the upper-class set.

Also, the answer the question: I'm assuming at some point the theaters and studios would successfully lobby the Biden administration to cut a huge check to bail out theaters.

User Info: hmnut7

hmnut7
1 month ago#5
Zanthion posted...
Would you really have wanted your first viewing of Avengers: Endgame to be in your basement?
I don't have a basement but I would have been fine seeing it at my house.

Zanthion posted...
This is also somewhat of an elitist attitude, since the overall number of people who actually have arrangements like you're describing isn't really that high, and is limited to the upper-class set.
It's is an elitist attitude to say that people can only enjoy a movie by going to a theater to watch it.

In the long run steaming movies are dramatically cheaper than theaters.

Starfire: "They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?"
Robin: "Fight anyway!"

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#6
AMC Stock was up 30% today randomly.
lolAmerica

User Info: Zanthion

Zanthion
1 month ago#7
ClayGuida posted...
Like I said, they're probably expecting Biden to cut them a check.

hmnut7 posted...
It's is an elitist attitude to say that people can only enjoy a movie by going to a theater to watch it.

You'll notice I didn't actually say that.

The other guy actually used the word "underlings." If that doesn't reflect an elitist attitude, I'm not sure what does.

User Info: whitehawk1986

whitehawk1986
1 month ago#8
ClayGuida posted...

Probably because today's the last day a complete moron is in charge of the country. Probably hoping Biden gets this cleaned up quicker.

"Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear."

User Info: AtelierAlchemy

AtelierAlchemy
1 month ago#9
I might be wrong but I think we're going to see the eventual death of the theater.

I think it was going to happen in the next 10-20 years even without Covid.

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
1 month ago#10
AtelierAlchemy posted...
I might be wrong but I think we're going to see the eventual death of the theater.

I think it was going to happen in the next 10-20 years even without Covid.
Traditional Theatres is probably going to be slowly dying. But the fancy theatres are probably going to stay afloat depending on how long covid is year.

I went to the theatres twice early last year to watch 2 mediocre films (The Grudge and Invisible Man) on opening weekend.
Grudge - we saw it at one of the special all inclusive theatres that serve alcohol and diner food. It was packed.
Hollow Man - saw it at a traditional theatre, it was pretty empty. Maybe 10-20 other people.

• When Covid ends, I want to go watch a movie in the 4d or whatever it's called (3d plus moving chairs and such).
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. What if Covid keeps theaters closed down for another whole year?
  • Topic Archived