• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Worst Zombie Movie Goes To? Movie spoilers

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#1
I love Zombie movies even low budget, actually some low budget movies are quite good,

Well I just saw the worst one. It’s 2015 Plague from Australia.

It takes place essentially in a tin barn and the yard around it except for extreme end.

I think the movie makers were inspired by the old Harry Belafonte movie The World, The Flesh and The Devil. That movie was a post end of world movie focusing on three people who survived, two men and a woman. That movie is good actually to me unappreciated, I could be alone in liking this movie.

This focused in the zombie apocalypse 2 men and a woman, It was Evie, her husband John and Charlie a “smooth talking” creep and rapist. I suspect the writers thought he was smooth talking, he wasn’t,

How John survived to find his wife? I have no idea. He had bad asthma and the definition of spineless and cluelessness. Evie was a whiny mouse until the end. Nothing is more pathetic to see a man crying on the ground while his wife is crying and being raped especially when he had a gun aimed at the rapist seconds before, How the hell did he survive to this point?

I suspect the writers wanted to make a character study in a zombie world but the characters just were awful. Charlie seemed like a man who went to a bar to pick up a woman and this was his first time trying. Physically he was imposing he had Oliver Reed vibe but so badly written.

I was so bored. Also the ending made no sense, Evie was badly hurt, her husband wanted her to run with him but she cried saying she couldn’t move. He left her the gun BUT when the zombies approached her she suddenly caught up with her husband, shot him in the leg and handed him the gun and said for him to protect her, and die but that was unsaid. This badly hurt woman somehow walked miles. She either faked how bad she was or the writers were determined to make her live no matter how nonsensical it was.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
1 month ago#2
there are some really low budget zombie movies that I have never heard of that are really bad
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Turducken

Turducken
1 month ago#3
I saw some Redbox schlock called Dead Earth that's undoubtedly one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
1 month ago#4
For its budget World War Z is the worst. A pathetically bad, neutered, worthless crapfest of a zombie movie.
I am not economically viable.

gatsbyy
1 month ago#5
Interfusor posted...
For its budget World War Z is the worst. A pathetically bad, neutered, worthless crapfest of a zombie movie.
The novel was an incredible book. This should have been a tv anthology series like the book with one person linking all the episodes as narrator/reporter. The movie was horrible.

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
1 month ago#6
The Day of the Dead remake was pretty terrible even worse due to the fact it was a remake of when of the very, very best (my personal favourite zombie movie).

gatsbyy
1 month ago#7
Bobsy84 posted...
The Day of the Dead remake was pretty terrible even worse due to the fact it was a remake of when of the very, very best (my personal favourite zombie movie).
The original one the military leader was such a jerk who got totally what he deserves.

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
1 month ago#8
gatsbyy posted...
The original one the military leader was such a jerk who got totally what he deserves.

He certainly was, recently watched it again and the gore and effects still hold up so well today when you compare it to something modern like WWZ with bad CGI. Great soundtrack as well.

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
1 month ago#9
gatsbyy posted...
The novel was an incredible book. This should have been a tv anthology series like the book with one person linking all the episodes as narrator/reporter. The movie was horrible.
Yeah this is the case for a lot of books translated for the screen sadly, that a series would be better but the studios often want movies so they shorten and dumb them down.
I am not economically viable.

User Info: KManX89

KManX89
1 month ago#10
Interfusor posted...

I love how everything conveniently happens literally as soon as Pitt winds up in location _____ throughout that movie.
My Blu-Ray/DVD/Games Collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=551829 Updated: 1/7/2021
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Worst Zombie Movie Goes To? Movie spoilers
  • Topic Archived