• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Lol did Monster Hunter release in theaters only?

User Info: DarkDragon456

DarkDragon456
1 month ago#1
If it's not on streaming too that's a guaranteed bomb. Seriously it came out already? Haven't heard anyone talk about it
Protect your unicorn from Dolph Lundgren

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
1 month ago#2
It's junk, that's prob the bigger issue.

Also, apparently there was only 1.3 million spent on tv ads the week prior to its release. The studio completely gave up on it.

Not surprising it bombed.

It also doesn't help that China pulled prob the most pathetically overlysensitive, whinefest overreaction to anyting in a movie ever. The "Chi-knees" line of dialog led to China pulling the movie from theaters completely and i read banned mention of it online entirely. The movie was essentially erased from the biggest overseas market.

Hopefully studios dont look at this as an example not to do theatrical, given all the other issues at play with this stinker.
OFFICIAL gamefaqs policy per moderator staff: You can not wish death on ANYONE, to include Adolf Hitler or mass murderers, when posting on gamefaqs.

User Info: STEROLIZER

STEROLIZER
1 month ago#3
JackBurton85 posted...
It's junk, that's prob the bigger issue.

Also, apparently there was only 1.3 million spent on tv ads the week prior to its release. The studio completely gave up on it.

Not surprising it bombed.

It also doesn't help that China pulled prob the most pathetically overlysensitive, whinefest overreaction to anyting in a movie ever. The "Chi-knees" line of dialog led to China pulling the movie from theaters completely and i read banned mention of it online entirely. The movie was essentially erased from the biggest overseas market.

Hopefully studios dont look at this as an example not to do theatrical, given all the other issues at play with this stinker.

Jack hating on China again, what else is new in 2021, eh @ClayGuida ???
---./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_........................Love is like a bottle of gin
---( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,..............But a bottle of gin is not like love.

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
1 month ago#4
Monster Hunters is currently playing on Amazon Video.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Optimus Pintobean

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
1 month ago#5
So was it never edited and released in China? I thought they were going to edit out that joke and then release it again.

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
1 month ago#6

HarryWarden posted...
So was it never edited and released in China? I thought they were going to edit out that joke and then release it again.

My understanding is everybody immediately apologized and edited it out. But China was sooooo offended that none of tha twas enough, the movie was dead to them. Im not sure if it played in theaters at all and then was pulled or they prevented its release entirely. But it for sure was very quickly erased from existence in that nation.

The news articles say that even mention of it online has been banned/restricted. They seriously have erased this movie from existence there. It's pretty incredible.

STEROLIZER posted...
Jack hating on China again, what else is new in 2021, eh @ClayGuida ???

Hating? Just stating objective facts of what went on here.

Do you seriously think their reaction was the least bit reasonable?

It should also be concerning for the world of cinema moving forward, do we really want Hollywood walking on eggshells to such an absurd degree, not daring to do anything that could potentially offend Chinese govt or society(and it should be stressed, both were/are on the same page when it comes to this specific movie).

OFFICIAL gamefaqs policy per moderator staff: You can not wish death on ANYONE, to include Adolf Hitler or mass murderers, when posting on gamefaqs.

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
1 month ago#7
Wow, so much for a Monster Hunter franchise. Sony and the producers/Capcom must have taken a bath on it.

User Info: bulletproofvita

bulletproofvita
1 month ago#8
Auto_Chrisbot posted...
Monster Hunters is currently playing on Amazon Video.
It's so bad.
I don't do signatures.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Lol did Monster Hunter release in theaters only?
  • Topic Archived