• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Can you explain why you dislike the new WW movie?

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
2 months ago#1
Seems a lot of people didn't like it. If you'd like to explain, preferably without spoilers if that is even possible, that would be most appreciated; otherwise put your black bar and I'll check it after seeing it.
I am not economically viable.

User Info: B18Champ

B18Champ
2 months ago#2
I haven't seen it but I heard it was very cheesy and the CGI looks awful. The plot is also ridiculous.

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
2 months ago#3
I never saw it but there's something about a wish stone. I mean, really? does a unicorn show up, too?

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
2 months ago#4
I loved it. I had a single complaint about it towards the end, after that I thought it was a fantastic comic book movie that honestly made me feel like I was in the era.
lolAmerica

User Info: whozat

whozat
2 months ago#5
it's not even THAT bad, aquaman is way worse. i think the issue is that the DCU has tried to be more mature than MCU, darker than MCU, and they hired actors that are tall, compared to MCU's shorter heroes. WW84 is very much aimed at little girls/kids compared to most of the DCU movies, and they kind of made a major DC villain a throwaway villain. that, and the fact that people just hate gal gadot because of that 'celebrity song' she did at the start of covid.

User Info: FadetooBlack

FadetooBlack
2 months ago#6
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/0/6/AAOhIBAABTFS.jpg

In this scene, in Justice League, WW herself says she went into hiding for 100 years... But 1984 changes that to 30 years. The greatest detective (Batman) couldn't find evidence of her in 1984 despite the world coming to an end.

What I dislike... The fact that the people over DCEU doesn't know, understand, or give a s* about these characters and it oozes thru these films.
I'm God's son, son of man, and son of Marcus Garvey.

User Info: MuayThai85

MuayThai85
2 months ago#7
The first half felt like a boring romcom. The second half was decent but overall the film was really disappointing.
How can one person post so much stupid s***?

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
2 months ago#8
Interesting, people keep yer opinions coming. I hope I at least enjoy the movie though, I guess I won't have high expectations!

FadetooBlack posted...
In this scene, in Justice League, WW herself says she went into hiding for 100 years... But 1984 changes that to 30 years. The greatest detective (Batman) couldn't find evidence of her in 1984 despite the world coming to an end.

What I dislike... The fact that the people over DCEU doesn't know, understand, or give a s* about these characters and it oozes thru these films.
Did they explain why they set the movie in the '80s and not after the scene in your picture? (i.e. contemporarily)
I am not economically viable.

User Info: Red 6

Red 6
2 months ago#9
Ridiculous plot, and honestly, it just wasnt a good movie.

You know, you dont have to be Gordon Ramsey to recognize bad food when you taste it, and you dont have to be Spielberg to see a bad movie when you watch one.

A lot of it didnt work, and it makes me worry for the Rogue Squadron film.

User Info: FadetooBlack

FadetooBlack
2 months ago#10
Interfusor posted...
Interesting, people keep yer opinions coming. I hope I at least enjoy the movie though, I guess I won't have high expectations!

Did they explain why they set the movie in the '80s and not after the scene in your picture? (i.e. contemporarily)

Because the writers are hacks, they wanted to tell the same "fish out of water" story they told with the first movie except its Steve this time.

Honestly the movie had nothing to do with the 80's... Nothing in this story was impacted by anything that happened in the 80's unlike WW1 in the first film. No 80's music, no events, nothing. They even got the arcades wrong. They just wanted a love story with Steve and Diana again... I don't think they know how to write a WW story without him.
I'm God's son, son of man, and son of Marcus Garvey.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Can you explain why you dislike the new WW movie?
  • Topic Archived