• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I've never been scared of almost any horror but f this movie almost killed me...

User Info: Nozak

Nozak
4 weeks ago#21
G-Ziss posted...
Why would I want to watch a movie in a language that I do not understand?
you're so close minded

User Info: WhiteWolf338

WhiteWolf338
4 weeks ago#22
Lol that movie is hilarious
My sig sucks

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
4 weeks ago#23
Mackorov posted...
why in the world would you wanna watch a horror movie in english dub

Not that I'm one to prefer live dubs, but it kind of makes sense since you can experience the entire scene how it was meant to be viewed instead of partially focusing on the subtitles below. This is exactly why Steven Spielberg made Schindler's List in English since he thought subtitles would distract from it.

User Info: Mackorov

Mackorov
4 weeks ago#24
kidpokerfan posted...
Not that I'm one to prefer live dubs, but it kind of makes sense since you can experience the entire scene how it was meant to be viewed instead of partially focusing on the subtitles below. This is exactly why Steven Spielberg made Schindler's List in English since he thought subtitles would distract from it.

I have a feeling the kind of people that don't like subs, are the kind of people that can't read fast enough :/
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Darth Gecko

Darth Gecko
4 weeks ago#25
Good recommendation. I thought it was going to be a remake of Grave Encounters.
Golden State Warriors 2018 NBA Champions

User Info: Sirius

Sirius
4 weeks ago#26
Thank you for the recommendation. I typically avoid found footage movies like the plague, but I'll give this one a try tonight.
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII
(message deleted)

User Info: Sirius

Sirius
4 weeks ago#28
So I just watched it and was thoroughly disappointed.

3/4 of the film nothing happens and by the time things start moving it was too late for me. Ghost stories never really scared me, and some scares were predictable in how they would play out, too.

I've seen zombie films that scared me more than that.

*shrug*
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII

User Info: Mackorov

Mackorov
4 weeks ago#29
Sirius posted...
So I just watched it and was thoroughly disappointed.

3/4 of the film nothing happens and by the time things start moving it was too late for me. Ghost stories never really scared me, and some scares were predictable in how they would play out, too.

I've seen zombie films that scared me more than that.

*shrug*

different tastebuds then. The movie is super popular in Korea and what they call, the Korean vers 'blair witch project'.

I never found a single zombie movie scary. Like, how can you find zombie movies scary when you already know who are the ones to be scared of?

Asian horror is a lot about the unknown and the ghosts are practically cosmic-like in their abilities and very unpredictable. That's the logic behind the scare Asian ghosts instill.
In western horror it's all about psychopaths and mindless blood and gore, not something everyone is fond of.

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
4 weeks ago#30
Thanks for the recommendation. It was good! Some of the stuff actually unnerved me alittle. The hands part was pretty creepy lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I've never been scared of almost any horror but f this movie almost killed me...
  • Post New Message