• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park or Bad Boys II?

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
4 weeks ago#11
thekosmicfool part 2 posted...
tor clown show. One gets addicted to candy bars, another is running around for half the book with a key lanyard stuck on its nose, and the biggest action scene is a gang of raptors rolling an unconcious kid around in a giant birdcage for way longer than any sane man would have written.
There were some cooler things though. Like the chameleon dinosaur who became invisible in the right lack of light. There was also the raptors eating that guy on Dodson's team. Actually, that's my least favorite change. Dodson should've been brought back and been the main antagonist of the movie. What they did with the movie's villain felt a bit forced. I also found it funny the movie had the site B Island. Since unlike the book, the first movie didn't end with the airforce coming and blowing up the island. That very plotpoint is why there was a site B in the book. But it didn't really make much sense in the movie to do that.
My cousin: I didn't like Terminator 2. It didn't have good character development.
My brother: Oh! V for Vendetta didn't have good character development!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ReignFury

ReignFury
4 weeks ago#12
JP2 is trash
This is my main

User Info: leesmapman

leesmapman
4 weeks ago#13
There's a lot of things better than JP2. BB2 is one of them. JP3 is not.
PSN: Dr_Jones
www.popcorn-song.com

User Info: EmperorOfSand

EmperorOfSand
4 weeks ago#14
It's a very strange book. I love it and have read it a dozen times at least, but a faithful adaptation would have been absolutely bonkers. It's easily 50% a raptor clown show. One gets addicted to candy bars, another is running around for half the book with a key lanyard stuck on its nose, and the biggest action scene is a gang of raptors rolling an unconcious kid around in a giant birdcage for way longer than any sane man would have written.

You're exaggerating how much of the book consists of that stuff. That's like, two or three chapters.
Now Playing: Destiny 2, Phasmophobia, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Ghost Of Tsushima

User Info: ReignFury

ReignFury
4 weeks ago#15
How does everybody say BB2 but JP2 wins?
This is my main

User Info: suchiuomizu

suchiuomizu
4 weeks ago#16
ReignFury posted...
How does everybody say BB2 but JP2 wins?

Because the number of votes is about 4 times higher than the number of posts?
Crichton also made Dodgson mustache twirling, "tie a lady to the train tracks" evil when he was originally just a ruthless nerd. It was silly.
Cover your knees up if you're gonna be walkin' around everywhere.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 weeks ago#18
suchiuomizu posted...
Because the number of votes is about 4 times higher than the number of posts?
This is true, but it is fun that literally every post made is in support of the loser. Quirky.
Running a metal GOAT series on 235. Final 16: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/235-music-metal/79038603

User Info: NaclynE

NaclynE
4 weeks ago#19
Bad Boys 2. Didn't have a little girl performing gymnastics to mesmorize then avoid badguys.
Xbox360 handle: Skitz Gaea. PS3, PS4 handle: NaclynE102

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
4 weeks ago#20
Crichton also made Dodgson mustache twirling, "tie a lady to the train tracks" evil when he was originally just a ruthless nerd. It was silly.
I liked Dodgson being the villain in the book. He was so evil. Like when he tried to kill Sarah Harding. Him getting fed to T-Rex babies was a satisfying death.
My cousin: I didn't like Terminator 2. It didn't have good character development.
My brother: Oh! V for Vendetta didn't have good character development!
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park or Bad Boys II?
  • Post New Message