• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I am still pissed that Rian Johnson ruined Star Wars.

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
4 weeks ago#1
I cannot for the life of me remember the biggest issue with it but the last Jedi is a hot sloppy mess.

At least there’s the mandalorian and hopefully the new installments have nothing to do with any character from the nine main films.

It’s funny that I was forced to see knives out in theater even though I did not want to because it’s the same director that ruined Star Wars, but knives out was actually quite good.

Anyhow it still sucks that Luke turned out to be such a super loser.
Drum & Bass Neurofunk Mix 9/01/2020 download @
https://soundcloud.com/user-746271148/mawz-pandemix-newrofunk-mix

User Info: EmperorOfSand

EmperorOfSand
4 weeks ago#2
Every single aspect of Luke's character is both explained and justified in that movie.

The fact that he saves the day with probably the greatest feat of jedi strength in the entire saga and people still b**** just goes to show people wanted fan fiction and not actual story telling.

Now Playing: Destiny 2, Phasmophobia, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Ghost Of Tsushima

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
4 weeks ago#3
EmperorOfSand posted...
Every single aspect of Luke's character is both explained and justified in that movie.

The fact that he saves the day with probably the greatest feat of jedi strength in the entire saga and people still b**** just goes to show people wanted fan fiction and not actual story telling.
Complete gaslighting bulls***. The like Skywalker from the original movies would have never done that. So out of character. Also didn’t Mark Hamill hate what they did to his character?

Anyhow, I guess you are welcome to your awful opinion? I mean it has to be the most hated Star Wars film but you say it’s good so it’s gotta be, right?
Drum & Bass Neurofunk Mix 9/01/2020 download @
https://soundcloud.com/user-746271148/mawz-pandemix-newrofunk-mix
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: BrieLarson95

BrieLarson95
4 weeks ago#4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Last_Jedi

The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 90% of critics have given the film a positive review based on 473 reviews, with an average rating of 8.09/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy while adding some surprising twists — and delivering all the emotion-rich action fans could hope for." At Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 84 out of 100 based on 56 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".

Audience reception measured by scientific polling methods was highly positive. Audiences randomly polled by CinemaScore on opening day gave the film an average grade of "A" on an A+ to F scale. Surveys from SurveyMonkey and comScore's PostTrak found that 89% of audience members graded the film positively, including a rare five-star rating.

Looks like TC is the one that has the awful opinion.

User Info: DoctorDoom80

DoctorDoom80
4 weeks ago#5
Am I the only one who had the feeling it was ghostwritten by George Lucas? The shenanigans pulled in this movie are similar to what he pulled in the prequel trilogy.
Bnet: DoctorDoom#1357
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Mdodmod

Mdodmod
4 weeks ago#6
Last Jedi is terrific and gave the new trilogy a purpose. Unfortunately Rise of Skywalker ignored the potential greatness, and made the whole trilogy fall flat.

It's kind of like Luke's usage. He got an all-time brilliantly written send off. But Rise of Skywalker didn't even want to showcase how his spark united the galaxy to fight back. It's crazy how dismissive Abrams and the writer of Justice League were.

--
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Nozak

Nozak
4 weeks ago#7
Mdodmod posted...
Last Jedi is terrific and gave the new trilogy a purpose. Unfortunately Rise of Skywalker ignored the potential greatness, and made the whole trilogy fall flat.

It's kind of like Luke's usage. He got an all-time brilliantly written send off. But Rise of Skywalker didn't even want to showcase how his spark united the galaxy to fight back. It's crazy how dismissive Abrams and the writer of Justice League were.

--
I think Rian wanted Kylo Ren to stand on his own two feet and be the big threat for episode 9. That's why he killed Snoke. J.J probably didn't have any faith in Kylo as a bad guy.

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
4 weeks ago#8
KittyBillionair posted...
I cannot for the life of me remember the biggest issue with it but the last Jedi is a hot sloppy mess.

The entire sequel trilogy was collectively trash. It makes it easier to just ignore the entire thing. Even the people who like the Last jedi still generally hate Rise of Skywalker. The Sequel trilogy fails for majority of fans. I view none of it as canon, and made peace with it. I agree it's crap, but I don't think it's worth staying mad over. Just watch the original 6 movies and ignore any disney movies ever happened. Everything has been made worse by them existing. It benefits no one to include them.

BrieLarson95 posted...
Looks like TC is the one that has the awful opinion.

Who gives a crap what RT says? The bulk of the audience hated the Last jedi. People liking the movie are in the minority if you play the numbers game. I mean the critics liked Cuties. Is that really the people you wanna side with? They hated Sticks and Stones while audiences loved it. So yeah can't say I put much value in what the collective critics on RT think about anything. Especially not the Last jedi.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: Forestbug

Forestbug
4 weeks ago#9
A horrible movie that made TFA worse and ROS impossible to follow-up. It could have been better if it was a standalone movie.
Hello
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Trelve

Trelve
4 weeks ago#10
JJ Abrams ruined Star Wars. The Last Jedi is the best film of the sequel trilogy.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I am still pissed that Rian Johnson ruined Star Wars.
  • Post New Message