• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Which Star Wars trilogy was better? The Prequel Trilogy or The Sequel Trilogy?

User Info: GlennGreenwald

GlennGreenwald
4 weeks ago#121
Prequel trilogy. I remember such huge lines to see each of the PT movies. I stopped going to the theaters for Star Wars after TLJ.
https://youtu.be/t0rcLsoIKgA

User Info: WhiteWolf338

WhiteWolf338
4 weeks ago#122
The Last Jedi was so bad I didnt even watch Rise of Skywalker.
My sig sucks

GlennGreenwald
4 weeks ago#123
WhiteWolf338 posted...
The Last Jedi was so bad I didnt even watch Rise of Skywalker.

I still haven’t seen it.

User Info: Destroyer53

Destroyer53
4 weeks ago#124
GlennGreenwald posted...
I still haven’t seen it.

I've tried, but I can't make it through it.

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
4 weeks ago#125
To suggest the Prequel trilogy is anywhere near as bad as the ST is a f***ing blasphemy.

One is one mans vision, pure. His story. Good or bad, its what he wanted to tell. His wisdom. Had a clear story to tell, love it or hate it.

One is corporate. Means tested. Frantic. Unplanned. FUBAR. Hastily firing directors and replacing them quickly. Just a clusterf***. Retooled. I can go on lol
Looking forward to- FFVII Remake, RE3 Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Elden Ring

GlennGreenwald
4 weeks ago#126
Destroyer53 posted...

I've tried, but I can't make it through it.

The looks on the faces of Angry Joe, Tyrone Magnus, and Jeremy Jahns in their non-spoiler reviews told me all I needed to know to pass.

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
4 weeks ago#127
The Prequals feel like they were made by a panel of accountants, execs and random people they pulled off the street, none of whom had seen Star Wars before and were briefly told what it was about.

It's so corporate, completely misses the mark on pretty much every point and at no point does it actually feel like Star Wars outside of the soundtrack.

The sequels feel like actual spiritual successors to the originals, even if they aren't anywhere near as good. They got the atmosphere, the level of humour etc right and don't feel anywhere near as much of a cash grab.

And yes, I am very much aware of the irony of both those statements, the former being a victim of Lucas not knowing what made his original films successful and the latter being a product of Disney and a lot of corporate accounting and far too many people involved.
Fire Bucket

User Info: Nozak

Nozak
4 weeks ago#128
GlennGreenwald posted...
The looks on the faces of Angry Joe, Tyrone Magnus, and Jeremy Jahns in their non-spoiler reviews told me all I needed to know to pass.
tyrone magnus is a reaction tuber. don't ever mention that filthy name

User Info: Revegelance

Revegelance
4 weeks ago#129
GlennGreenwald posted...
This is funny, considering how much Star Wars haters like to call people who like it as "sheep," and tell us to think for ourselves.
Potatoes.
My Mario Maker 2 ID: 0MS-GLM-Q4G

User Info: kgrc

kgrc
4 weeks ago#130
The prequel but it's like choosing which form of torture you prefer...

Having your balls crushed in a vice ?

Or

Having hot razor blades inserted in your anus ?
Dislike and unsubscribe
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Which Star Wars trilogy was better? The Prequel Trilogy or The Sequel Trilogy?
  • Topic Archived