• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did you like the movie tenet?

User Info: DoubleOSnake

DoubleOSnake
1 month ago#1
did you? - Results (54 votes)
yes
40.74% (22 votes)
no
14.81% (8 votes)
eh
16.67% (9 votes)
haven't seen but interested in seeing it
16.67% (9 votes)
haven't seen no interest
11.11% (6 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
does this movie have good action and special effects?
"I saved you, dummy"

User Info: discovery

discovery
1 month ago#2
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is not my favorite Nolan film, but I really appreciated its originality, the story, and its unique perspective on time travel (that in order to time travel 10 minutes back, you have to spend 10 minutes time traveling backwards).
Have a nice day!

User Info: Jackyturbo

Jackyturbo
1 month ago#3
discovery posted...
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is not my favorite Nolan film, but I really appreciated its originality, the story, and its unique perspective on time travel (that in order to time travel 10 minutes back, you have to spend 10 minutes time traveling backwards).

Yeah, at least Nolan gets points for trying.

Say what you will about the movie, but at least it's not a story we've heard a million times. The time travel parts at least. ...cause the characters themselves weren't PARTICULARLY interesting. But hey, it's an action movie.
one lucky captain falcon spike : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EfrjOUZko
SW-0773-9849-3872

User Info: Mdodmod

Mdodmod
1 month ago#4
Great movie. I also tend to be a fan of original films.

User Info: Crikey

Crikey
1 month ago#5
Loved it.

User Info: ReignFury

ReignFury
1 month ago#6
Loved the concept but thought it was really poorly executed.
This is my main

User Info: Xerun

Xerun
1 month ago#7
Thought it was ok. The back half is really interesting. But the first half consists of the main character going to meet someone who then tells him to go meet someone over and over
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
1 month ago#8
Much like discovery, it's not my favorite Nolan film, but I found extremely enjoyable. Such a fun concept, and I thought it was handled really well. Much weaker on the characters this time, but the spectacle of it all was well worth it.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: BIackCubeM055ad

BIackCubeM055ad
1 month ago#9
Nah.

User Info: SerenitySays

SerenitySays
1 month ago#10
It was okay. When the movie got to the final part, I didn't really care what happened. Sure, the action looks nice because we're seeing weird things but the lack of character development was so glaring. Nolan makes us follow a protagonist who goes from Point A to Point Z. We go where he goes but we never stop and get to know the guy. It's just, "No time to talk, let's keep moving!"

Like some of the others here said, it's worth watching for some of the action and the spectacle. Just don't expect to be moved by emotion.

It's at the bottom of my favorite Nolan films. Not a bad movie, just not as good compared to the rest.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did you like the movie tenet?
  • Post New Message