• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Any suspect your local movie theater won't come back?

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#1
I have two in my area AMC and Cinemagic along with a theater that shows old movies, I use Cinemagic almost all the time but noticed when I go to the noon show during work week I often see maybe three others seeing the same movie. This includes Friday’s of opening day. MCU movies do have more but at most a 1/5th filled up. I wonder if they won’t come back for lack of sale tickets.

I would not be surprised if Cinemagic does not make it, I also go to a theater that runs old movies but the owner once said the movies are only to get folks to come in to drink alcohol. They are closed for the virus but suspect they may not come back

I despise AMC I find folks working there insufferable. They act like they are doing you a favor selling you a ticket,

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#2
there's zero hope for the small independent theater down the street from me, it plays 2 new movies each week to keep itself sustained but locals like it for the old movies and concerts they do there. they were just having a fundraiser to replace the carpet, so yeah they're likely done.
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 month ago#3
Stop being overdramatic.

User Info: ShadowMan033

ShadowMan033
1 month ago#4
Smaller, locally owned theatres are pretty much toast barring intervention from outside financial backers. Chains will be fine.
LSU Tigers - 2019 National Champions
1958, 2003, 2007, 2019

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#5
Hypnofeet posted...
Stop being overdramatic.
His talk about AMC or both our talk about the smaller theaters? I've seen 3 close down in my hometown in a normal economy. I don't think the chains are really in danger but as I said, the damn theater near me is begging for carpet...
"Only idiots play games at ultra settings" - Fade2black001, 2018

User Info: lilORANG

lilORANG
1 month ago#6
My little local theater gonna be screwed. It's already struggling because the old af community thinks $3 for a movie is too expensive.
#FeelTheBern
http://i.imgur.com/q5z4CUu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6B9oFXh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sy42Dlf.jpg

User Info: whitehawk1986

whitehawk1986
1 month ago#7
One of the theaters in my area is family owned. I'm really worried about their viability going forward.

The chains will be okay.
"Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear."

User Info: JackBurton85

JackBurton85
1 month ago#8
I live in a sparsely populated state. There's only 2 corporate chain theaters in my area, next closest is prob 40-70 miles away.

THeater will reopen.

The beautiful, AMAZING, last run theater aka the only true LOCAL theater has not only not closed its doors, but they are doing popcorn delivery on top of it. Theyll get by ok.
OFFICIAL gamefaqs policy per moderator staff: You can not wish death on ANYONE, to include Adolf Hitler or mass murderers, when posting on gamefaqs.

User Info: FolkenRawr

FolkenRawr
1 month ago#9
My local theater is an AMC in a major mall. No, it won't shut down permanently.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jewstin-1884/hero/96459279
7DS Grand Cross - 917687993

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
1 month ago#10
The theatre here has historical status as the oldest running theatre in the country and one of the oldest in the world. It has alot of ties to the community and acts as more then just a cinema for major movies. Even if it closed as a business which I think would take quite alot to happen, it would still server the community in some way.
FC: 1221-0777-4703
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Any suspect your local movie theater won't come back?
  • Topic Archived